Detailed Job Description
Reporting directly to the Information Security Officer and working with Finance and Business Office the PCI Security Analyst will play a key role in achieving and maintaining the University's (PCI-DSS) Payment Card Industry Security Standard compliance. The PCI Security Analyst will work with the Qualified Security Assessor (QSA), Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV), and Payment Application Qualified Security Assessor (PA-QSA) to help ensure continued compliance. and working with Finance and Business Office, the PCI Security Analyst will play a key role in achieving and maintaining the University's (PCI-DSS) Payment Card Industry Security Standard compliance.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Accounting or technology-related field, plus two years of experience; OR any combination of education and experience totaling eight years. Industry certifications are preferred but not required such as CISSP, CISA, and CISM or SANS Certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge: Working knowledge of Network Firewall, Web Application Firewalls, VPN's, Security Information and event Management (SIEM) Knowledge and experience with information technology security issues and best practices. Knowledge of audit methodologies and security assessment tools Knowledge of current trends and developments in the PCI-DSS and PCI PA-DSS.
Skills: Problem solving and decision making skills
Understanding of information systems and networking diagrams
Abilities: Ability to collaborate with others and work in a team environment as a team player. Ability to learn and implement new technology. Ability to work independently without supervision Excellent written and oral communication skills, can express thoughts clearly to a diverse population.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.