Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/6/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Woodbury School of Business invites applicants for a tenure track faculty in Personal Financial Planning with special expertise in applied research and engaged teaching. The successful candidate will be teaching a variety of courses to prepare students to successfully achieve CFP�, CFA, and other professional certifications in the PFP industry. A documented record of a passion for teaching at the undergraduate level and a proven history of scholarship including publications in well-regarded refereed journals is expected.
-The faculty position will begin August 2013 and be a vital part of the growing PFP Program within the WSB. Candidates will be considered at the assistant or associate professor level. Please submit an application at www.uvu.jobs . The application should include a curriculum vita, transcript of undergraduate/graduate work, and names/contact information of three references. Screening of candidates will begin in May 2013 and continue until the position is filled.
The WSB is AACSB accredited with over 4,000 business majors including an MBA. UVU has a history of engaged teaching and learning with a formal classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as "Community Engaged." It is one of the nation's fastest growing universities with over 33,000 students. The campus is located in Orem, Utah, 45 minutes south of Salt Lake City, with access to high-quality cultural events and outstanding outdoor activities.
- Teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in personal financial planning.
- Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Provides leadership in student preparation for PFP competitions
- Prepares instructional materials (i.e., exams, visual aids, course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
- Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms by the following methods: demonstration, discussion, visual aids, lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance tests.
- Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
- Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance.
- Supervises extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains office hours.
- Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and advisers in maintaining an effective program.
- Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.