Detailed Job Description
Teach introduction to autism spectrum disorders, autism across the lifespan, autism assessment, and evidence-based treatments and other courses as needed. Course design experience is a must with the ability to create and manage a complete minor and certificate program focused on Autism Spectrum Disorders. In addition, the position will require supervision of students in a 150-hour field placement in a community setting.
An earned doctorate in social work, psychology, speech & hearing science or a related field; evidence of excellence in university teaching; evidence of excellent scholarship and evidence for potential excellence in service. Candidates licensed in their field with ten or more years of clinical history working with individuals on the autism spectrum and who have collaborated with autism-related community partners are strongly desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-- Awareness and understanding of National Autism Standards and research
-- Ability to implement and teach students a wide variety of evidence-based interventions used to treat ASDs.
-- Effective grant-writing skills to support program development and student engagement
-- Ability to conduct research with students and community partners
-- Excellent written and oral communication skills to secure community partnerships for program development
-- Ability to engage the community to find support for student fieldwork
-- Experience with comprehensive program development
-- Experience with course development pertaining to Autism Spectrum Disorders
-- Experience using multimedia software and hardware in a classroom environment
-- Effective interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills
-- Excellent time management skills
-- Ability to motivate students
-- Demonstrated ability to teach lower and upper division courses
-- Ability to create and communicate pragmatic program vision to colleagues and community leaders
Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates may mail their letters of recommendations directly to the search chair,
800 W. University Parkway MS 115
Orem, UT 84058.
Please attach student course evaluations as "Other 1"
Please attach two sample syllabi with detailed course description as "Other 2" and "Other 3"
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
-Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a credentials check, an employment check, and criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com