Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/12/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Reports to the Associate Vice President for Economic Development at UVU and is responsible for alignment between UVU and the Utah Science Technology and Research (USTAR) initiative with regards to the vision for innovation and economic development in the service region. The Utah Science Technology and Research initiative (USTAR) is a long-term, state-funded investment to strengthen Utah's "knowledge economy." This revolutionary initiative invests in world-class innovation teams, research facilities at the University of Utah and Utah State University, and outreach centers throughout the state, to create novel technologies that are subsequently commercialized through new business ventures. The Associate Director will assist in accomplishing goals set by the Associate Vice President for Economic Development at UVU.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and Accountabilities:
- Report to the Associate Vice President for Economic Development on a weekly basis to review progress and develop and modify strategies.
- In collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Economic Development, take analysis and research data and make decisions on which projects will be accepted or declined.
- Work with projects to develop business models and customer generation post-selection.
- Oversee and direct the activities of the Rapid Development Center located at the UVU BRC
- Collect, analyze and provide regular budget, Technology Commercialization Grant (TCG), and Got To Market Grant updates to USTAR headquarters as needed
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.