Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/16/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Connects new, returning, and continuing students with enrollment and completion support and services
• Serves on College-wide and campus councils/committees as a subject matter expert for First Year Experience (FYE), engagement and completion initiatives. Designs and recommends new initiatives for council/committee approval and implementation. In collaboration with council/committee members, develops strategies to meet short and long-term College retention and completion goals.
• Employs a case management approach to working with, supporting, communicating and tracking interactions with identified student populations (i.e., new, continuing, and returning); refers students to appropriate support services
• Ensures that students have an academic plan on file through campus events and personal outreach
• Provides direction to Student Ambassadors/Peer Mentors and their interactions with students to support the enrollment process from registration and engagement through retention and completion. Provides input for all recruitment, hiring and performance management activities. Is responsible for college-wide training, daily schedules, financial aid compliance tracking, mentoring assignments and all case management tracking
• Initiates contact and direct referrals for students who receive unsatisfactory academic progress reports
• Designs, implements and supports a broad range of college-wide events that encourage student engagement, retention and completion. Partners with Access, Learning and Success to communicate with students about campus co-curricular activities (social, cultural, athletic, educational, clubs and organizations)
• Participates in and supports new student orientation sessions and is responsible for overseeing and assigning student peer mentors to all new students to support student engagement through the student’s first year
• Oversees the creation and distribution of the First Year Student and GradFest newsletters to promote student engagement and completion
• Collaborates with the College’s internal marketing department to maintain student success web pages by uploading and editing content, developing and distributing messages about events and engagement opportunities to students through social media
• Conducts outreach through approved classroom visits to introduce services available to students
• Anticipates and meets all customer needs accurately, professionally and with a commitment to customer satisfaction
• Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of two years of experience servicing students in an academic setting
• Experience developing, organizing and delivering presentations and to student groups
• Experience supervising, assigning and reviewing work
• Experience with integrated communication platforms, to include email, internet and social media
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with Microsoft Publisher
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Excellent decision making skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Results oriented
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate projects
• Ability to interact with and engage faculty, administrators, students and parents
• Strong customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Proficiency with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
(Or equivalent job-related experience providing the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the functions of this position proficiently)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master’s degree
• Experience with BANNER student information system KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Cuyahoga Community College’s credit and noncredit programs, policies, procedures and personnel
Standard College hours of business 8:30 – 5pm, Monday through Friday.
This is a Full-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 9. Full time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.