Residents in Counseling provides counseling, assessment, testing, consultation and outreach for WSU students. Under faculty supervision they function as professional members of Counseling Services’ staff.
• Satisfactory completion of all necessary coursework in an APA-approved doctoral program in Clinical or Counseling Psychology, including completion of doctoral preliminary exams (or program equivalent).
• Satisfactory completion of a full-time predoctoral internship that included counseling/psychotherapy as a main component of the training program.
• Approval of doctoral dissertation proposal by academic department.
• Experience working with “high risk” difficulties (e.g., suicide, eating disorders, substance abuse, PTSD)
• Earned Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Counseling or Clinical psychology.
• Completion of pre-doctoral internship at a university counseling center.
• Completion of an APA-approved predoctoral internship program.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.