Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/31/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the College President, the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness provides leadership in the college’s strategic planning processes, while promoting a climate of student success in support of the college’s data-driven completion and enrollment initiatives. In addition to managing the college-wide planning efforts, the Dean leads the review and assessment of student learning outcomes and student success, establishes a college culture of meaningful evaluation of institutional effectiveness, and sets a college research agenda through assessment of the institutional mission and goals.EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
1. Plan, organize, coordinate, manage and evaluate all institutional effectiveness processes.
2. Coordinate a systematic and integrated institutional planning process that is aligned with accreditation, the campus strategic and master plans, and other planning related requirements.
3. Sustain and further develop the College’s culture of inquiry within the institution and support the development and assessment of college-wide institutional goals, student learning outcomes, and administrative support outcomes.
4. Manage and coordinate the collection, analysis, and reporting of data related to but not limited to, student equity, enrollment, and student success.
5. Coordinate timely responses to external agencies and other ongoing college efforts to measure effectiveness.
6. Serve in leadership roles on committees related to integrated planning and evaluation, as assigned.
7. Coordinate college-wide systems of academic and service area program reviews; administer the online accountability management system’ provide orientation and support to programs and services areas in understanding and completing the program review process. ??
8. Serve as the College’s liaison in matters related to institutional effectiveness, including serving on the District Strategic Planning Committee.
9. Collaborate with the District, campuses, and other colleges on matters relating to strategic planning, institutional effectiveness, and accreditation.
10. Prepare reports and make presentations as necessary; assure the preparation, distribution and maintenance of required reports, records and files.
11. Plan organize, direct, and coordinate the college’s planning and institutional effectiveness functions and operations. Develop, coordinate, and maintain an annual calendar of institutional planning activities and milestones.
12. Set the institutional research agenda to support the college’s planning, implementation, and review of both major goals and operational agendas. Foster the development of a “culture of evidence” in support of student success.
13. Develop, disseminate, and interpret analytical information related to programs, services, and processes and analytics supportive of educational planning, student learning outcomes.
15. Develop, implement, evaluate strategies to monitor and improve the quality of educational services.
16. Prepare, submit, and monitor the annual budget for areas of responsibilities. Manage financial resources consistent with college policies and sound management principles. Develop, prepare, present and submit reports regarding areas of responsibility.
17. Serve on committees as appropriate; organize and chair meetings, lead workshops, facilitate group discussions and involve faculty and staff in idea generation, goal setting, and decision making.
18. Represent, as appropriate, the college to national, state and local agencies, organizations, associations, conferences, and the community.
19. Administers areas of responsibility in accordance with college policies, federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
20. Coordinates special projects and initiatives as assigned.
21. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of college planning and evaluation.
22. Provides leadership in the management of college-wide planning efforts while establishing a college culture of institutional effectiveness.
23. Leads the college in the review, revision and implementation of the Educational Master Plan.
24. Performs research studies that support planning, evaluation, budgeting, accreditation, and policy.
25. Develops and monitors budgets and maximizes financial resources.
26. Oversees the college’s grant efforts.
27. Directs and conducts an array of research to identify and assess the college’s short and long-range institutional needs and opportunities. Collects, prepares and maintains statistical information and establishes the appropriate quantitate and qualitative research design and statistical tools to be used in research and decision support.
28. Directs and participates in research for establishing institutional accountability measures and key performance indicators. Works with administrators and external agencies to determine outcomes and measures.
29. Provides data and performance measurement support to processes that review programs, accreditation, and compliance.
30. Researches trends in community-based demographics and economics, trends in education and a variety of other information used to support decisions.
31. Leads the college in the review and assessment of student learning outcomes and student success.
32. Assists with, or directs the development of, surveys conducted by the college and directs or performs analysis and preparation of reports based on those surveys.
33. Monitors data integrity.
34. Supervises data analysis and trend monitoring.
35. Lead the systematic integration of planning and program review in institutional effectiveness, staff development, accreditation grants evaluation, and budgeting, ensuring alignment with the College strategic plan, the educational master plan, and accreditation process.
36. Plan, implement, and evaluate short and long range strategies, goals and objectives for College strategic planning and direct the design and implementation of an annual evaluation of the College’s Institutional plans and its planning processes.
37. Plan and direct the development, coordination and maintenance of an annual Office of Institutional Effectiveness calendar for on-going and ad-hoc intuitional research and assessment.
38. Evaluated learning and service area outcomes and develop measurement instruments to analyze outcomes for departments and units developing effectiveness and performance analysis.
39. Direct the preparation of and provide support for a variety of mandated and requested College, District, State and Federal reports including accreditation reports, educational master plant, etc.
40. Provide instructional leadership for assigned academic departments and work with department chairs in curriculum maintenance and development in areas of responsibility.
41. Act as liaison with District, State, and federal governing bodies regarding College programs and practices.
42. Develop program goals and objectives and monitor outcomes.
43. Market the College and specific academic programs to the College community and the general public.
44. Administer grant and program funds to achieve expected outcomes.
45. Serve on College and District committees as appropriate.
46. Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
It shall be the policy of the Kern Community College District that equal opportunity to seek, obtain, hold, and advance in employment in the District shall be afforded to all who qualify without discrimination because of race, color, ethnic group identification, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex (gender), sexual orientation, age, and/or physical or mental disability. Appropriate qualifications for the performance of specific duties are the basic criteria for the employmentand promotion of personnel. Additional efforts will be made to recruit, develop, and to promote qualified members of groups that are underrepresented in the District workforce, even if that under-representation cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions on the part of the District.If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the Human Resources Department at (661) 336-5141.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.