Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/1/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of Alabama
College of Education
Dean’s Office and Office of Student Services and Certification
Position: Clinical Instructor, Educator Performance & Assessment (Non-Tenure Track, 12-month appointment)
The University of Alabama, Alabama’s flagship university, is a comprehensive institution whose mission is to advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the State and the nation through quality programs of teaching, research, and service. The College of Education maintains a large array of degree programs and is heavily involved in research and outreach activities throughout the Southeast region. This position is for a twelve month, non-tenure earning appointment in the Dean’s Office and Office of Student Services and Certification in the College of Education. This position is for a three year period with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon satisfactory performance, departmental needs and funding availability.
• Design and deliver to students and faculty, training and support associated with performance assessment requirements and procedures for the College of Education
• Provide pedagogical support to faculty in designing individualized integration plans, specifically helping to design templates and assessments for edTPA, or other state-required performance assessments, in LiveText
• Deliver workshops for College faculty, staff, and students
• Manage a comprehensive and integrated assessment system that monitors candidate performance as required by the State Department of Education
• Work with various departments in the coordination of academic program reviews and multiple accreditation processes, based upon candidate performance
• Conduct, evaluate, and report on follow-up studies of College graduates
• Prepare and present reports related to candidate performance
• Teaching undergraduate courses
• Practicum or intern supervision
• Master’s degree in an area of Educator Preparation with appropriate certification/licensure
• National Board Certification or completion of edTPA training
• At least 2 years of experience teaching in K-12 schools
• Knowledge of assessment principles related to higher education
• Knowledge of technology applications related to higher education such as LiveText of edTPA
• Knowledge of Alabama State Department of Education and INTASC standards
• Ability to develop and maintain database applications
• Ability to communicate with various audiences (e.g., P-12 teachers/administrators, university faculty, preservice teachers)
• Ability to integrate technology into instruction
• Ability to develop and implement effective professional development for various audiences
• At least one year of experience working with assessment at higher education level
• Doctorate in an area of Educator Preparation with appropriate certification/licensure
Further information about the College is accessible at www.education.ua.edu
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. Liza Wilson at email@example.com or Dr. Kathy Wetzel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Starting Date: As soon as possible
• Health and Life Insurance Available
• TIAA-CREF Available
• Teachers’ Retirement System of Alabama
• Tuition Assistance
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications are due by June 30, 2016
Application Process: Please apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu. Candidates should submit a cover letter of interest, a curriculum vita, and a list of three references with current contact information.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and submit “official” transcript(s) of all graduate level coursework.
The University of Alabama is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and the College of Education actively seeks diversity among its faculty and staff. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attach as Other Document 1 – a list of three references with current contact information.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction before a hiring decision is made. EOE/AA
The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.