Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Marketing Coordinator provides marketing and administrative support to the Vice President, Strategic Relations and Business Development, Center for Continuing and Professional Development (CCPD), with indirect support for business operations, business development, and partnership support. This position also provides occasional support of the Military and Community College Outreach (MCCO) team on an as needed basis.
• Provides support for marketing projects, fulfillment of collateral orders, and logistical coordination for all outreach and networking events for the business development and outreach functions which includes: registration & reservation of booth space, furnishing, electricity, etc., as needed.
• Coordinates shipping and ensures timely delivery of materials (to and from event).
• Troubleshoots all issues/problems with shipping company.
• Tracks and supports ordering and stocking of premium items, brochures and other marketing materials.
• Coordinates marketing projects and activities with the American Public University System (APUS) marketing department as well as external marketing entities.
• Coordinates landing page development to support various market initiatives.
• Coordinates print and electronic collateral material development.
• Assists in the tracking and reporting of kep marketing metrics and lead/prospect management.
• Works closely with the APUS marketing project management team for the management and coordination of marketing projects in support of CCPD initiatives.
• Coordinates and assists in various content marketing and social media projects.
• Assists and supports webinar production, delivery, and follow up.
• Assists and supports content marketing efforts.
• Assists and supports social media and e-mail marketing campaigns and reporting.
• Provides administrative and office support for daily operations.
• Performs office tasks such as copying material, assembling spreadsheets, binders/packets, creating/updating documents and spreadsheets, etc.
• Develops various templates for operations utilizing Microsoft Suite (MS) Office products.
• Builds and manages various MS Excel spreadsheets, to include building of formulas, pivot tables, and charts.
• Compiles and edits MS PowerPoint presentations for team.
• Documents procedures and processes using MS Word.
• Orders business cards, stationery and other office supplies for all department employees.
• Provides operational support for outreach and marketing functions.
• Compiles contracts and documents for uploading into the contract database.
• Coordinates logistics for Manassas/Charles Town team meetings.
• Tracks travel, meal, and event expenses and compile monthly expenditure updates.
• Manages team department project, event, and travel calendars.
• Manages general inquiries and requests from vendors, internal clients and APUS stakeholders on all matters relating to business development operations.
• Coordinates special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Provides additional support to the MCCO team as needed, primarily in the area of event logistics and coordination (20% of time).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Travel to Charles Town, WV one day a week may be required.
• Occasional travel in support of operations may be required.
• Comfortable working in a professional business environment, exhibiting strong personal and professional ethics and integrity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to keep information confidential.
• Strong attention to detail and willingness to ask questions.
• Demonstrated initiative.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Experience working with quantitative spreadsheets and knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Affinity for creative problem-solving.
• Ability to maintain an organized working environment.
• Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Two to five (2-5) years of professional experience in marketing communications or project coordination required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.