Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/9/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Study Abroad Advisor is responsible for advising students interested in studying abroad.
Responsibilities include advising students interested in studying abroad by assisting them in selecting appropriate programs; completing and filing required application materials; becoming familiar with financial aid and health and safety issues; communicating with program providers; developing and participating in marketing activities; planning and participating in on-campus and off-campus events; promoting MSU Denver’s on-going and new short-term programs; assisting with data management and reports; assisting with maintaining and keeping current with social media websites; keeping the office website updated; and carrying out additional related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree .
• Experience providing advising or counseling to students.
• Experience conducting program planning or event planning.
• Experience studying abroad.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
• Master’s degree in International Studies, area studies, International Education, or similar related area.
• Experience working in higher education in an international education office.
• One year of professional experience in advising US outbound students.
• Experience working with Banner or related student information system
• Experience conducting website management using Abroad Office/Horizons/Studio Abroad
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of a second language.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.