Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2836 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
Provide service to Miami University community for hardware and software supported by IT Services. Function as a senior support resource and assist other support staff on servicing designated systems, providing ongoing guidance to the support team, and assist in the creation and success of a warranty and non-warranty hardware support center. Organize and maintain work tickets and provide excellent customer service. Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues related to the designated environment.
1. Provide Tier II support for faculty, staff, and students by solving escalated Incidents through direct knowledge and through consulting with Subject Matter Experts.
2. Work cooperatively with local support providers and other partner units in planning effective support.
3. Act as a liaison between areas within IT Services to coordinate technology projects requiring communication, sharing of information, and cooperation across many areas of expertise.
4. Provide and/or share technical knowledge with Tier I staff as well as other IT Services support staff in the resolution of problems/requests related to the designated system.
5. Maintain proper training level to provide warranty support for supported hardware.
6. Utilize appropriate Help Desk tools and applications.
7. Develop and document resolutions or workarounds for Incidents that lack a documented resolution or workaround in the Known Error Database and submit them for approval and publishing; able to manage the entire life-cycle of an Incident or Outage; work to obtain expertise and SME status in one or more Business Services.
8. Assist with and gather information required by root cause analysis techniques.
9. Apply principles and processes of service levels to work; identify/highlight service problems; seek to improve quality of service levels.
10. Build positive working relationships with other Support Desk and IT staff; develop a working knowledge of the roles other staff play and share information openly about own role; work collaboratively.
11. Learn quickly and independently; seek opportunities to extend and deepen learning.
12. Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
13. Accurately restate the opinions and needs of others; demonstrate patience and active listening.
14. Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
15. Support end users in Release transition; identify and correct weaknesses within Release documentation; encourage and coach others to prepare for Release.
16. Analyze and summarize the impact of new processes and technologies in the organization; develop communication materials that build awareness and understanding of future changes in processes and technologies.
17. Show initiative to make basic decisions in daily work where risk is low, saving manager time; gather inputs and come to practical/sensible solutions; identify and escalates more significant decision points appropriately.
18. Participate in cross-functional projects; participate in diverse teams and work, recognizing the value of a variety of talents and knowledge.
19. Participate in professional development activities.
20. Recognize and escalate situations where inclusivity is not being properly shown
21. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.