Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
ResponsibilitiesAid in execution of marketing communications that deliver the greatest impact for recruiting new graduate students. Manage the development of marketing and promotional materials online and in print. Develop smart, innovative use of videos, photos, and stories on website and other digital platforms.
Support communication projects from the dean's office. Help update recruiting materials (PowerPoint, brochures, collateral, flyers) to maintain a consistent, professional front. Provide administrative and logistical support for alumni initiatives. Attend major newsworthy events (e.g., panels, guest speakers, alumni gatherings, faculty research colloquium, student club events) to genereate content. Perform market research and analysis, provide marketing measurements and reporting.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business' mission.
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team.
- A comprehensive understanding of the industry's best email practices and familiarity with Constant Contact.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Experience managing non-personal social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Some basic design skills using tools like PowerPoint, Photoshop, and inDesign.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords is a plus.
- Photography and video production experience is a plus.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.