Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/8/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Student Advising, the Student Advisor is responsible for proactively guiding online students from their initial coursework through graduation. The Student Advisor serves as a liaison between the student and University. The Student Advisor role is the student’s professional point of contact and is an advocate within the University.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Proactively outreach assigned students via tasks within the student information system and the customer relationship management system in an effort to provide service for all online students.
• Build rapport with students, help define clear objectives and assess fit with their respective program.
• Collaborate with Enrollment Counselor team for a successful onboarding process of all first term students.
• Ensures that information is proactively communicated to students and requests for assistance are met with a response that is meaningful and supportive for our students regarding the day-to-day needs of our online students.
• Provide comprehensive program evaluation for assigned online students.
• Assist each student with term-by-term registration guidance in advance of upcoming terms, information on ordering textbooks, and extensive details of course descriptions.
• Provide students with online webinars showcasing key areas such as navigating through student portal, ordering textbooks, communicating with faculty, etc.
• Meet and Exceed quality customer service interaction via results of Student survey and call quality assurance.
• Serve as primary resource for questions and concerns regarding degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures.
• Work collaboratively with the Student Services team in facilitating online student club & association meetings aimed at creating and maintaining an online community for students.
• Ensure students have a solid understanding of the time commitment, technology and skills required to be a successful online learner.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Student Advising
• Minimum three years’ experience within a higher education setting.
• Superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds.
• Superior organizational skills; ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
• Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
• Proficiency with MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and managing student databases required.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution required
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.