Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/8/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President of Learning Design, the Lead Learning Development Specialist will participate in and guide/coach a team of professionals who support teaching, learning, and assessment activities, typically through the effective use of technology. The Lead Learning Development Specialist will help promote effective practices, provide information and advice, suggest potential education opportunities, and act as a go-to strategist for subject matter experts, other Learning Design team members (design, creative, and quality control), as well as university administration on all matters related to learning design. The Lead Learning Development Specialist will champion efficient, effective practices based on the latest technologies typically employed in this medium, trends and innovations in the field, and, ultimately, the vision of the team as well as the University with regard to teaching and learning. Finally, the Lead Learning Development Specialist will promote a healthy, pro-active, efficient, and effective culture within Learning Design at Saint Leo University.
• Act as a “player/coach” in the course development process.
• Maintain a course load of design work (less than a Learning Development Specialist).
• Create and help encourage other developers to grow professionally in regard to the creation of engaging and dynamic multimodal content.
• Attend and provide support in leadership meetings with other Lead members (Learning Designer Lead, Project Manager, etc.) under the guidance of the Assistant Vice President of Learning Design.
• Work closely with other Lead members to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, and a healthy team culture.
• Help foster a positive culture within Learning Design of collaboration, collegiality, innovation, and product excellence.
• Coach and guide creative team members in effective development of eLearning assets, including consultation with SMEs, project management, curation of assets, collaboration with Learning Design team, output of materials, etc., for courses (all modalities, but typically fully online) guided by Saint Leo University policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain eLearning content using various technologies such as Trivantis, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effects), Unity, Captivate, and Camtasia.
• Carry out all phases of audio and video production.
• Collaborate with the team in brainstorming, input meetings, and creative reviews.
• Create high-quality and engaging instructional media and visual elements to include, but not limited to, infographics, videos, photo editing, illustrations, and animations.
• Maintain and recommend purchases of equipment for media production (cameras, lighting, etc.).
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the latest trends and technologies in online education.
• Publish and review courses in the learning management system.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in graphic design or a related field.
• Will consider relevant experience and formal training in lieu of an associate degree.
• Four years’ hands-on production, editing, and/or graphic design experience, preferably as a team lead or senior project member.
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects, Audition, or similar software.
• Proficient in graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Associate degree in graphic design or related field.
• Four (4) years of hands-on leadership experience in graphic design.
• Ability to work on-site in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Desire to work in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
• Experience working in a higher education setting.
• Familiarity with course-building software.
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience working with motion graphics and/or animation.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.