Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/8/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Military Assistant Registrar is a customer service and detailed oriented individual who enjoys working with students and staff via email and telephone. The incumbent supports all student functions in all military portals, including, but not limited to: Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), Degree Network System (DNS), student agreement documentation, registrations, grade reporting, and helpdesk case troubleshooting.
· Responds to tier one GoArmyEd (GAE) helpdesk cases.
· Responds to American Public University System (APUS) student and staff phone and email inquiries within one business day concerning military tuition assistance (TA) questions/issues.
· Analyzes, monitors, and reconciles daily registration and drop/withdrawal reports between APUS and GAE when required.
· Creates and approves student agreement files and/or course planners.
· Troubleshoots error messages on GAE student agreements and course planners.
· Troubleshoots error messages on SOC DNS reports.
· Reports and resolves grade issues with all military portals.
· Assists in uploading new courses and schedules to GAE and the Air Force portals when required.
· Maintains currency of degree plans in the GAE and Air Force portals.
· Support workload in registrar office.
· Adheres to assigned work schedule.
· Complies with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) when releasing information.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
· Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
· Willingness to submit information for background investigation as required for access to some military portals.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent data entry, e-mail, and PC skills.
· Ability to effectively work in a team environment and individually.
· Ability to weigh facts and make sound decisions in a timely manner.
· Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
· Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail.
· Strong oral and written skills.
· Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
· Associate degree required. Higher degree preferred.
· One to three (1-3) years of office experience required.
· Customer service experience required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.