Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/1/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Career Coach provides relevant communications to students; provides students personalized career coaching with steps to prepare for professional success; and provides ongoing support and guidance to students as they complete their degree program and transition to alumni.
• Responds to phone and email inquiries from American Public University System (APUS) students concerning career coaching, policies and procedures, and other student concerns within the scope of student services, within service level agreements (SLA).
• Educates students and alumni on career services programs and benefits available.
• Provides guidance and clarification of educational goals and career selection by offering career assessments.
• Assists students and alumni in their career search by reviewing and offering advice on resumes, social media pages, and conducting mock interviews.
• Assists students and alumni in the development of a personalized career action plan that consists of long and short term goals.
• Stays abreast of national and local initiatives and/or training regarding employment searching success and gainful employment.
• Assists in the creation of career resources for prospects, students, alumni, and APUS departments, as needed.
• Attends virtual and in-person events, nation-wide; contributes to the identification and tracking of student and alumni success.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Dedicated work space at home required. Must have ability to telecommute and work remotely on an as needed or permanent basis.
• Excellent advising skills and knowledge of degree programs.
• Solid Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Strong analytical, organizational and administrative skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills (including basic editing experience).
• Excellent public speaking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and meet department service level agreements.
• Ability to communicate with internal contacts at all levels of the company, and externally with students, alumni, and vendors.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Career advising experience at a post-secondary institution preferred.
• Career counseling or coaching certification, past or current desired.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.