Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/29/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
WSU is looking for a VP who will continue to execute on WSU’s many initiatives and provide leadership and vision during WSU’s next phase of growth and success. Consequently, the VP will need to be a seasoned leader with a track record of success in complex environments and have an affinity and talent for collaboration. He or she will bring enthusiasm and capacity both to leading a large, multi-faceted operation and playing a strategic role in the advancement of the university’s goals and vision for the future.
The VP will face the following opportunities and challenges:
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership while expertly managing a complex organization
- Continue to refine the relationship between Pullman and other campuses to leverage efficiencies and support autonomy
- Champion the transition of financial and HR systems to ensure a solid infrastructure
- Continue to execute an aggressive program of strategic investment in capital infrastructure across the university’s multiple locations
- Continue to foster a culture of community and collaboration
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in financial administration, analysis, or planning which has included demonstrated leadership ability and management skill in a large complex organization involving distributed electronic financial management systems. A Master’s degree in a relevant field may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience.
- A Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- A Certified Public Accountant license is also preferred. Additionally, candidates for this position should have all or most of the following:
- Proven commitment to client service and continuous improvement and demonstrated public relations, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Record of accomplishment and experience supporting the education, research, and service missions of a major public research university system, with the ability to focus on and manage complex issues with state-wide campuses, research stations, learning centers, and extension offices
- Extensive relevant professional and/or administrative experience in finance and administration at a senior level, preferably within a public, higher education institution
- Significant leadership and involvement in planning and overseeing major construction and development projects in multi-campus locations
- Demonstrated experience in long-range campus and financial planning and financial reporting
- Knowledge of and experience with local, state, and federal legislative and regulatory processes relating to and affecting public higher education institutions
- Experience in a multi-campus environment
- Experience working with a funding model for athletics in a power conference.
- Evidence of a commitment to and appreciation for the benefits of a diverse workplace
- The ability and willingness to share ideas, to be inclusive and open to the ideas of others, and collaboratively work toward organizational goals and interests, with the knowledge of how to shape processes and procedures that reflect and enhance these values
- Outstanding communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to facilitate collaboration and enhance relationships within and external to the university and to interact successfully with multiple and diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to make firm and responsible decisions in a highly complex, multi-faceted environment, and multi-task diverse projects
- High ethical standards
- Executive leadership abilities, including strong interpersonal skills that foster trust and confidence
Washington State University (WSU), a distinguished and comprehensive public research university with multiple campuses, seeks to hire a highly skilled, innovative and experienced leader to serve as Vice President for Finance and Administration (VP). The successful candidate will oversee a portfolio that includes: Finance; Facilities Services; Public Safety; Real Estate and External Business Operations; and Finance and Administration Resource Planning & Internal Affairs; over 600 full-time staff; and an annual operating budget of approximately $65 million and capital budget of $311.7 million (during the most recent biennium). This position is an opportunity for a dynamic and engaging leader to direct an organization that is essential to the growth and success of the university as it seeks to be one of the nation’s leading land-grant universities, preeminent in research and discovery, teaching, and engagement.
Founded in 1890 in Pullman, WSU is Washington’s land-grant university with an overarching mission of improving the quality of life for all citizens — locally, nationally, and globally. WSU is committed to innovation and excellence in research and scholarship. WSU has a current enrollment of over 29,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and approximately 6,500 faculty and staff at its five campuses (Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, and Everett), as well as its numerous other locations across the State of Washington and online through its Global Campus.
It is a time of transition and excitement at WSU as Dr. Kirk Schulz was recently selected to be the university’s 11th president and will assume this position in June 2016. President Schulz will be joining the university after serving as President and Professor of Chemical Engineering at Kansas State University since 2009. He will be leading a university that has achieved significant accomplishments over the last several years, including the creation of the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine on the Spokane campus; successful completion of a $1 billion capital campaign; growth in overall university enrollment from 24,396 in fall 2007 to 29,686 in fall 2015; and, an increase of students who self-identify as students of color from 14 percent in fall 2007 to 29 percent in fall 2015. The university also thrived during tough economic times that included a 52 percent cut in state operating funds over a four-year period. WSU completed approximately 20 major construction projects across its campuses and research and extension centers. Annual research and development expenditures grew by over 56 percent from approximately $213.2 million in 2007 to nearly $333.1 million in 2015, moving WSU into the top 11 percent of public research universities for research funding.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU is committed to excellence through diversity and faculty-friendly policy action, including partner accommodation and NSF ADVANCE Institutional Transformation programs (http://www.advance.wsu.edu/).
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521(v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.