Detailed Job Description
Job ID: 2818 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of complex administrative tasks involving some discretion and requiring moderate amounts of independent judgment related to the oversight of the daily operations for the College of Education, Health & Society, Partnership Office and Urban Teaching Cohort (UTC)
- Monitors and reviews operations of the Partnership office and UTC; ensures smooth work flow; ensures work product meets professional standards.
- Serves as informational resource to staff; investigates and resolves problems or difficulties related to area of expertise.
- Assist Director of Partnerships and Director of UTC; answers inquiries and provides information.
- Coordinates calendars for Director of Partnerships and Director of UTC. Coordinate calendar, meeting preparation, and events. Assist in arranging meetings and events with UTC students, cooperating partnerships, local public school students and Miami staff.
- Assist in preparing and updating Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) in the electronic database for Partnership office
- Maintain email contact groups for mass emails to UTC students, teachers, community members, etc.
- Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
- Assist in compiling documents for UTC applicants and maintaining accurate files.
- Maintain a database of all divisional partnerships
- Assist in various financial and budgetary tasks including preparing and monitoring budgets, preparing fiscal reports, and processing payments; maintain inventory of supplies.
- Enter accurate information in Buyway for payments, purchase order, scholarship, contracts, office supplies
- Prepare professional service agreements
- Order supplies with university credit card and reconcile monthly statement
- Assist in preparing of travel reports for directors
- Project current and future years spending for UTC and Partnership office
Knowledge of unit's operations, policies, and procedures; supervisory skills; knowledge of computer and office applications; research skills.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
- Associate and 3 years experience in higher education
- Knowledge of Banner, Mine, GoogleDocs, Paymentnet, HireTouch, 25Live, Buyway,
- Knowledge of office applications, including database applications.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize on-going tasks and projects.
- Strong communication skills; excellent interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills, proven customer service skills; ability to work cooperatively with others
Special Instructions to Applicant
Department request Cover Letter, Resume and References be attached.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.