Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/22/2016.
Under direction of the Programs Director or assigned supervisor, the Program Manager is responsible for managing assigned program activities associated with maintaining quality academic and student services programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Manage the implementation of multiple project activities to meet or exceed assigned program(s) expectations.
2. Manage and monitor budgets to ensure compliance with regulations and/or directives from program agencies and cooperative educational partners.
3. Assist in preparation and administration of budget, control and authorize expenditures, approve invoices for payment, and respond to budget inquiries from college staff.
4. Supervise and coordinate department planning and operations; personnel supervision, including development and evaluation of all support staff.
5. Coordinate the release of project information and outreach activities to familiarize students with the services and programs of the college.
6. Develop and implement methods to identify and serve students who meet project guidelines, assessing their needs and providing programming to address those needs.
7. Participate in meetings and conferences related to programs within the assigned area; disseminate information, coordinate projects and implement procedural changes; follow up on action items, and develop program reports as needed.
8. Market the College and assigned program(s) to the College community and the general public.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.Knowledge of:
It shall be the policy of the Kern Community College District that equal opportunity to seek, obtain, hold, and advance in employment in the District shall be afforded to all who qualify without discrimination because of race, color, ethnic group identification, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex (gender), sexual orientation, age, and/or physical or mental disability. Appropriate qualifications for the performance of specific duties are the basic criteria for the employmentand promotion of personnel. Additional efforts will be made to recruit, develop, and to promote qualified members of groups that are underrepresented in the District workforce, even if that under-representation cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions on the part of the District.If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the Human Resources Department at (661) 336-5141.