Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/21/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Graduate Enrollment Counselor achieves initial contact with prospective students and works with them from inquiry through the start of their program.
Successful Graduate Enrollment Counselors are student-centered individuals who are passionate about higher education and thrive in a fast-paced, telephone-based environment.
Graduate Enrollment Counselors generate prospective student referrals from existing students, alumni, staff, and members of the community.
Key attributes include: integrity, flexibility, initiative, and confidence.
As part of a high performing team, they are able to meet their own performance goals and also to motivate others.
As part of their role, they identify and share opportunities to improve university processes and the student experience.
• Proactively build rapport with prospective students, help them define their objectives, and assess their fit with their program of choice.
• Ensure prospective students have a solid understanding of the time. commitment, technology, and skills required to be a successful online learner.
• Assist each student with first-term registration, the financial aid process, ordering books, and technology setup to ensure a positive start.
• Serve as the primary resource for questions and concerns regarding degree requirements, programs, policies and procedures.
• Contact and register students in advance of their first-term start date.
• Maintain outstanding attention to detail and follow-through.
• Maintain an accurate database of records and personal information of potential students.
• Meet and exceed quality student service interaction standards to ensure student retention and University standards of excellence.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a proactive, service-oriented environment.
Strong oral, interpersonal and written skills
Ability to mange time effectively, handle multiple projects, prioritize work and utilize strong organizational skills.
Detail oriented and able to complete work assignments accurately in at timely manner.
2+ years admissions experience or high-value relationship-based/consultative sales experience required.
Demonstrated success working with students or customers in a highly professional and
student or customer focused environment.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
Experience working with non-traditional adult students in an online environment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.