Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Distance Education Support Services and Technical Operations, operates an Interactive Distance Learning System which includes TV, VCR, camera, audio, and fax equipment (training will be provided) as well as facilitates delivery of distance learning courses.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
-Turns on and tests Codian equipment before classes and resolves/reports any technical problems.
-Collects and distributes class materials and assignments.
-Monitors student behavior in the classroom. �
Graduation from a standard senior high school or the equivalent AND one year of full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties. Part-time experience is prorated.
Please read Special Instructions to Applicants carefully.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1) Skill in the operation of TV/VCR.
2) Skill in computers and computer software applications, especially email and excel spreadsheets.
3) Interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
4) Ability to communicate effectively.
5) Ability to keep student records confidential.
6) Ability to meet and deal with the public.
7) Experience working in an Educational Environment. �
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.