Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/15/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2793 - SATSS - PTI (Hourly)
The part-time intermittent position performs a variety of clerical, administrative, and customer service duties related to supporting the operations of a retail or hospitality unit. More specifically, working in front desk operations for The Marcum Hotel.
1) Serve as a customer liaison and answer questions concerning policies, procedures, and services provided; resolve customer complaints/problems and refer when appropriate.
2) Perform financial operations; deposit funds and maintain records of transactions. Process a variety of financial forms and documents and obtain any needed information.
3) Receive and process customers' orders.
4) Assist with the operation of retail or hospitality activities; assist with maintaining and/or rotating stock.
5) Maintain files and records; pulls and refiles records as needed; adds any new information.
6) May perform a variety of clerical tasks including maintaining an inventory of office supplies, data processing, opening and sorting mail, assisting with bulk mailings, and delivering financial material to another office.
Typical office environment. May require some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with unpleasant physical situations.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and one year of retail or hospitality experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise.
Knowledge of retail or hospitality operations; knowledge of computer and office applications; customer service skills; knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.