Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, the world’s premier institution for the study of contemporary music for seventy years. Berklee Online is the leader in online education for the next generation of producers, performers, and entrepreneurs in the evolving music industry. As such, jobs at Berklee Online are fast-paced, collaborative, and have the feel and agility of a startup, but operate under the umbrella of an established, world-renowned music education institution.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Admissions and the guidance of the Enrollment Department, the Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for managing, editing, and customizing the CRM application to fit the needs of the Berklee Online division in pursuit of our enrollment goals. The Salesforce Administrator will also be responsible for training, coaching, and supporting Berklee Online staff who will be utilizing the software.
- Owner of the Salesforce environment and primary Salesforce administrator for Berklee Online
- Develop and enforce best practices for Salesforce
- Support and maintain the relationship between SalesForce.and other systems such as the TargetX application and marketing automation software (Marketo)
- Design and execute solutions for common challenges such as data mapping, object modeling, page layout design, and workflow rules within the context of the Salesforce platform
- Create training materials and user documentation, and maintain ongoing documentation processes as business needs evolve or features are added
Use of Capabilities (Illustrated by Typical Activities)
- User Set-Up
- Create users for new hires
- Assign appropriate profiles and specific user permissions
- Set criteria for profiles and broad permission sets
- Vet all SFDC quarterly updates to ensure minimal risk to existing configurations
- Train end users how to use system
- Coach front line staff to ensure accurate/consistent CRM practices
- Address technical questions from end users
- Create, delete, and customize fields, page layouts, and list views
- Set up and manage relationships between objects for reporting
- Manage all Berklee Online object record types
- Manage all Berklee Online object formula fields
- Manage Importing, Updating, Transferring, and Mass Deletion of data
- Work with Systems staff to back up data
- Document data management processes such as de-duplication, admissions decisions updates, etc.
- Actively seek out data inconsistencies and identify problems
- Manage relationship between 3rd party application vendors and Berklee Online
- Content/Folder Management
- Organize and secure dashboards, reports, documents, etc.
- Analytics - Reports and Dashboard
- Create custom reports at discretion of business owners
- Manage permissions for reports and dashboards
- Maintain up to date reports for all different business models
- Create, modify workflows to update fields and create tasks for advisors
- Routinely inspect data to ensure workflows are working properly
- Document all workflows
- Identify 3rd party applications that can enhance our organizations efforts
- Strong data management skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and presentation skills.
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions.
- A willingness and ability to collaborate with other business groups within the organization to help meet and exceed goals.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2+ years of successful professional CRM configuration, and administration.
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification.
- Demonstrated experience using workflow rules, reports/dashboards, and formulas.
- Experience with Marketo or other marketing automation software is highly desirable.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.