Stockton University is seeking a Complex Director to serve within the Office of Residential Life; this is a full-time, live-in, 12 month position requiring on campus residence. Engages resident students in assigned area while supporting student learning outcomes, the Residence Hall Association, supervises and evaluates student staff, and coordinates and promotes residential life and campus wide programming.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Residence Education, the Complex Director will fulfill all of the responsibilities and expectations of Stockton staff as outlined in the University’s policies and procedures on staff evaluation. Specifically, the Complex Director will serve in the following ways at Stockton:
1. Assists residential students in the areas of student learning outcomes, and the facilitation of students’ adjustment to college and residential life. Coordinates development of community among residents within assigned complex.
2. Provides opportunities for individual student growth through advising and programming by maintaining community and individual standards.
3. Coordinates the implementation, evaluation, and assessment of the residential life programming model (including First Year Experience, Sophomore Experience, Themed Learning Communities and the Living Learning Communities), and interfaces with the University’s ULTRA Program.
4. Facilitates student staff selection, training, and performance appraisals. Supervises and develops student staff, specifically around student leadership development.
5. Resides in on-campus housing, participates in evening, weekend and holiday duty responsibilities and serves as a continuous contact for students.
6. Assumes rotating departmental specialization responsibilities involving student conduct, recruitment and selection, staff training, publications, social media and marketing, assessment, residential curriculum development as well as facilitates operations, conferences, open houses, orientation, and housing assignments during the summer.
7. Meets with students to hold them accountable for student code of conduct violations and implements community standards.
8. Serve as a liaison to other offices on campus, including but not limited to the Stockton Police, the Wellness Center, Student Development, and Event Services.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director, Associate Director, Director of Residential Life, Dean of Students, Associate Vice President, and/or the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel or related field required. Experience with student staff supervision, residential life programming, technology, and working knowledge of card access systems is desirable. Ability to interface with individuals from diverse backgrounds is essential.
SALARY: $44,489.93 with increases in the appropriately established compensation plan.
Anticipated Start Date: Monday, July 11, 2016. Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Priority consideration given to applications received by June 10, 2016.
To apply please visit: https://careers-stockton.icims.com/jobs. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) A Letter of interest with accomplishments related to the position announcement
2.) Current Resume
3.) Names of at least three professional references, including full contact information.
● All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
● Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
● In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
● Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
● Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.