Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2789 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
1) Hiring, training and retaining student support staff.
2) Responsible for all functions related to direct oversight of the Athletic Ticket Office when the Director is not available.
3) Event and daily account, reconciliation and general processing; including renewals, allocations, printing, distribution of tickets, monitoring the computer ticketing system and continuous updates of season ticket holder information, specifically with Men's Basketball, Volleyball and special events but will assist with all sports.
4) Customer Service Experience - overseeing all customer service related activity within the office including initiating improvements.
5) Manage and support ticket sales and donor based seating donations in coordination with athletic marketing, ticket sales, communications and development.
6) Manage ticket office social media accounts.
7) Must maintain competency with respect to knowledge of NCAA rules, ensure compliance with NCAA rules, and report to the Compliance Coordinator any knowledge of violation of NCAA, MAC, and NCHC Conference, and/or institutional rules.
8) Direct oversight of men’s and women’s basketball ticketing.
9) Preparing student-athlete ticket lists and recruiting lists.
10) Assist with daily accounting and reconciliations of credit card processing, reconciliations, daily deposits, and audits.
Requires a bachelor's degree; excellent customer service skills; detail oriented; thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules, practices, policies, philosophy, and procedures. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and must be able to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays. Must also be able to travel some weekends with various sports teams due to NCAA and MAC ticketing requirements. Efficiency in Microsoft word and excel; must demonstrate the majority of the following: strong work ethic, good time management skills, ability to self-motivate, want to excel and establish a career in athletics, should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt to change, flexible, able to work on multiple projects. (Internships, graduate assistantships and other work experience gained during the completion of degree programs may be counted towards these requirements.)
Bachelor's degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration or related field. One to three years of ticket office managerial experience or relative athletic department experience. Master's degree; experience with ticket software or Paciolan specifically.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.