Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/10/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Mary's College of California
Assistant Coach Men's Lacrosse
Bargaining Unit: Non-Academic
Class Code: 0000
Salary: $0.00 Hourly
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,500 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
• Reporting to the Head Coach, Men’s Lacrosse, the Assistant Coach is part time hourly 10 month position.
• The Assistant Coach works with the Head Coach in planning, administering and evaluating the overall operation of the Men’s Lacrosse team within the Club Sports program to including team performance, supporting the academic achievement of club athletes, recruiting, program management (eligibility certification, event management, scheduling, travel planning, budget management, equipment, athletic training, etc.), college and community service, supervision of assistant coaches and program personnel, and compliance.
• Ensures that team performance is competitive within the league with the goal of qualifying for post-season competition; works with the Head Coach to organize and evaluate practices and intercollegiate competitions; teaches necessary skills from the basic fundamentals, to the techniques and strategies of team play; promotes and fosters a positive team environment, appropriate behavior, including the physical and mental well-being of all program participants, and sportsmanship by team members; recommends an annual schedule for contests and opponents.
• Responsible for the conduct of team members both on and out of the water and for the academic performance of team members, including graduation from the College; supports, monitors, and evaluates the academic performance of the student-athletes participating in the sport program; familiar with and use the academic support referral system to assist club athletes as needed with their academic success.
Recruits and select qualified prospects who have the ability to compete in the classroom and athletically; actively seeks out and encourages a diverse group of prospects and assists them through the application process; works collaboratively with the Head Coach and the Admissions Office Staff to qualify and process prospects in a timely and efficient manner.
• Participates in activities to strengthen the connection between the Department of Athletics and Recreational Sports with other parts of campus; involves team in the life of the campus and in activities that strengthen the relationship between the College and the community; involves team in the life of the community.
• Works with the Head Coach to recommend an annual budget; plan and administer team travel arrangements, including transportation, meals, and lodging; assists the Head Coach with statistical, promotional, and public relations needs for the sport and the Department; provides specific information on student-athletes and coaching staff; orders, inventories and maintains club equipment and uniforms; assists with compiling eligibility data as needed; schedules facility and game management needs for the sport program.
• Maintain communication with the Director of Club Sports regarding establishing medical eligibility, injuries, and the general health of all club athletes.
• Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the College and its employees. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers comply with the aforesaid policies, rules, and regulations. Immediately advise the Associate Director of Athletics for Recreational Sports if there is reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
• The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as an Assistant Coach or participant at the collegiate level.
• Proficiency with word-processing software and database management.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with a diverse community of students, faculty, coaches, administrators, and staff.
• Ability to represent the Department and the College to off-campus constituencies, including alumni, friends, corporate partners, and donors; ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
• Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple, competing tasks, and priorities.
• Team-oriented individual with ability to take initiative.
• Understanding and supportive of the values and ideals of the Lasallian, Catholic, and liberal arts tradition.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://apptrkr.com/340822
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.