Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/20/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for the training and development of the College’s employees as well as the activities, programs and issues that support the retention of qualified employees. Under the direction of the Vice President, Human Resources and Risk Management, this position manages the College’s day to day training and development operations, needs assessments, curriculum development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all employees and ensures that there are meaningful programs and support for employee growth and retention and that as part of the Human Resources operation are all aligned with Collegewide direction and overall strategy. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate and develop employees and enhances and recognizes employee growth and performance.
The Development & Retention Manager can be located at the New Richmond, Shell Lake or Superior locations of the College. This position will travel extensively between all College campus locations.
*Needs assessment: Conduct ongoing studies and surveys to determine training needs for all employees and to obtain feedback from participants.
*Curriculum development: Create and design programs to meet the development needs of employees. Modify programs as needed to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of program content and delivery methods.
*Curriculum delivery: Design training programs utilizing a variety of media to best deliver course content and meet the needs of the employees receiving the training.
*Development: Develop programs and coach others involved in supervision of staff and other roles to provide effective performance, growth and development opportunities and recognition; to include development of College policy and procedures.
*Communication: Develop and maintain effective communications related to development and retention activities, such as newsletters, email/social media and marketing to ensure employees have notice and knowledge of and are able to participate in the programs.
*Training Events: Plan, organize, communicate, implement and facilitate training and development events in a hands on environment.
*Retention: Create, implement, coordinate, and support programs that directly tie to the growth, performance, recognition and retention of qualified employees.
*Budget: Report and monitor spending of the programs for retention and development budget and grants.
*Metrics: Conduct follow-up and reporting for needs assessments, completed training, performance measures and retention activities and evaluate and measure results.
*Strategic Planning: Ensure that all development and retention activities are representative of the College culture and in line with the current Strategic Plan.
*Team Building: Work effectively as a team member with Collegewide staff and the Human Resources Department.
*Human Resources: Actively participates and contributes to the department functions to meet divisional operations.
1. Bachelor’s degree plus professional training experience equivalent to five (5) years required. Professional certification preferred.
2. Three to five (3 to 5) years’ experience required in high-paced setting with increasing responsibility and demonstrated skill in related field required.
3. Able to work confidently and timely and at advanced levels in needs assessment determination, curriculum development, employee performance and growth activities, organization and budgeting required.
4. Ability to conduct independent research, create and produce findings in appropriate media/format for target audience including adult learners utilizing current and contemporary technology, as appropriate, required.
5. Ability to analyze information and data; make recommendations and implement required.
6. Strong communication and presentation skills required.
7. Ability to contribute to and lead a team required.
8. Strong customer service skills and ability to work well with students, staff and faculty required.
9. Detail-oriented, well organized, able to work independently on assigned tasks, and to work under pressure required.
10. Knowledge of HR processes and use of applications and systems such as PeopleSoft, ImageNow, PeopleAdmin required. Experience with Blackboard a plus. Knowledge of and experience with utilization of learning management systems preferred.
11. Advanced skill in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and various training software programs required.
Manager, Grade 9
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.