Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/20/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2785 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
Perform a variety of moderately complex clerical, administrative, and customer service duties requiring some independent judgment related to supporting the operations of the HOME Office (Housing Options, Meals, Events, and Parking Customer Service).
1. Serves as a customer liaison and answer questions concerning Housing, Meal Plan, Box Office, Parking, and ID Card policies, procedures, and services provided; resolve customer complaints/problems and refer when appropriate.
2. Responds to phone calls, emails, and walk-in guests in professional and helpful manner.
3. Maintains and update parking management software
4. Train and create standard work instructions for staff related to Parking and other tasks as required
5. Gathers and analyzes statistical information regarding department's programs and activities; produces reports.
6. Investigates and resolves customer related issues that arise related to parking, and also related to other HOME Office duties as needed
7. Processes parking appeals as well as any billing for unpaid parking citations
8. Uses Housing system to review student accounts and assignments
9. Uses Box Office ticket system to sell event tickets
10. Uses ID card system to create and print ID Cards for students, faculty, and staff, and to review user account information as needed
11. Uses Parking system to issue parking permits
12. Performs financial operations; deposit funds and maintain records of transactions. Process a variety of financial forms and documents and obtain any needed information.
13. Receives and processes customers' orders.
14. Maintains files and records; pulls and refiles records as needed; adds any new information.
15. Serves as box office agent at various campus events.
16. May perform a variety of clerical tasks including maintaining an inventory of office supplies, data processing, opening and sorting mail, assisting with bulk mailings, and delivering financial material to another office.
Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical conditions.
Requires nine months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication, and proven customer service excellence.
Knowledge of retail or hospitality operations; knowledge of computer and office applications; experience working at a residential university.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.