Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/10/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Senior IT Applications Programmer/Analyst is responsible for designing, coding and maintaining custom system-level enhancements for ERP including the evaluation of progress and recommending changes in procedures. The incumbent will serve as the senior technical resource for the application programming and development staff as well as a liaison with other departments, divisions and/or organizations.
• Provide analytic/diagnostic services using the highest level of technical skill to answer questions, identify problems and take action to solve.
• Implement and code complex programs from specifications and/or tests.
• Gather, analyze and interpret complex data for the purpose of process improvement.
• Perform technical troubleshooting and provides solutions for various applications.
• Maintain a high degree of expertise of the Colleague development environment to include data, functionality at the system and program level.
• Recommend, implement and plan for technical improvements and enhancements.
• Compile and write documentation to describe program development and revisions.
• Serve as leader for complex projects that require allocation of human and technical resources in terms of planning, scheduling, development and implementation.
• Consult and evaluate user requirements for programs and/or systems.
• Prepare user documentation for on-line applications.
• Coordinate team meetings and discussion of detailed assignments to achieve end-results.
• Provides direction and/or supervision to others.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
The Chief Information Officer assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through reports and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include the college employee handbook and accepted industry practices. These guidelines require judgement, selection and interpretation in application. This position assists in the development of department guidelines.
SCOPE/COMPLEXITY OF WORK
The work consists of varied complex duties that impact key information systems for the college.
Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, vendors. The purpose of these contacts is to provide services; give or exchange information; resolve problems; to motivate and/or influence; or to justify, defend or solve matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position may have direct supervision responsibilities.
Subject to criminal background investigation prior to employment. Official transcripts will be required if selected for position.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.