Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/16/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2773 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
The Library Associate serves as the primary access and student supervisor of the Wertz Art/Architecture Library. The position works with the Art/Architecture Librarian and Senior Library Technician to coordinate, support, and maintain library circulation and reference services and facilities.
Monitor operations of the Art/Architecture Library to ensure service needs of clients are met, collections and facilities are appropriately maintained, and policies and procedures are followed. Investigate and resolve problems in the library; recognize when to refer issues to the Art/Architecture Librarian and Head of Branch Libraries.
Coordinate policies and procedures with other University Libraries service points and serves on the Access Services Supervisors group. Oversee upkeep of library records in the circulation system.
Assist in hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating one classified employee (G2) and 8-12 undergraduate student employees who staff the circulation desk and assist with stacks maintenance. Oversee work schedules and in consultation with the Art/Architecture Librarian adjust schedule as needed to maintain library service hours. Coordinate with other access service supervisors to support circulation service point coverage across the system.
Serve as an information resource by maintaining and utilizing knowledge of technologies, equipment, databases, and materials available at the Art/Architecture Library. Utilize subject and technical knowledge to assist in delivering reference services and in troubleshooting of graphical software and hardware.
Assist the librarian in instruction by leading library tours, preparing guide sheets, and assisting in in-class and one-on-one resource instruction.
Assist the librarian with collection development and maintenance as needed, including assisting with weeding projects, inventory, and collecting book reviews.
Create and update library signage and displays, maintain an inventory and order supplies as necessary.
Participate in library teams and committees as assigned. Other duties as assigned
- Periodic assignments are given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Requires the equivalent of an Associate's degree and three years library experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous work experience utilizing, or other evidence of, strong organizational, written and verbal communication, customer service, and supervisory skills.
- Ability to maintain a strong knowledge of topics and technologies represented in library collections and services. Academic and/or professional knowledge in the fields of visual arts, architecture, or design.
- Familiarity with 3-D design software and multimedia design software (e.g. Flash, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit).
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with PC and Mac operating systems as well as experience with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphics editing, web page design, and calendaring software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google productivity products).
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.