Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/25/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and participate in a variety of payroll critical activities involved in processing the University’s payroll in a multi-state environment to ensure that all payroll payments are made in an accurate and timely manner; to assist with ensuring the University complies with all reporting and filing requirements of the payroll function; and to be responsible to its internal and external customers.
• Enter new hires and status changes into eTime, the University’s time and attendance system.
• Reconcile eTime on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Upload time detail from eTime to ADP on a semi-monthly basis.
• Entry of payroll data updates into ADP on applicable payroll cycle.
• Calculation and entry of special payments into ADP with proper coding in the appropriate pay cycle.
• Review and entry of taxable fringe benefits and garnishments/child support; notify employees of action taken.
• Audit and entry of student time sheets to ensure accurate payment.
• Maintain tuition remission (TR) log to determine tax liability; notify employees of tax implications.
• Review of all entry to ensure accuracy prior to transmission of payroll.
• Creation and distribution of payroll information reports on semi-monthly, monthly and as needed basis.
• Submit requisitions to initiate payment of employee deductions to vendors.
• Reconcile leave accrual balances between eTime and ADP.
• Responds to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
• Assist with audit requests and other special projects, as assigned.
• Assist in updating department policies and procedures.
• Methods and practices of payroll processing
• Payroll related laws and regulations in a multi-state environment
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Access
• Excellent oral and written communication and inter-personal skills with ability to solve complicated complaints, inquiries, and issues involving pay and benefits
• Ability to work proactively; meet stringent deadlines; prioritize work; and operate in a fast-paced environment with limited amount of supervision.
• Possess a strong attention to detail and excellent data entry skills.
• Must possess a strict level of discretion in maintaining employee confidentiality and protecting operations.
Associates Degree Required
Bachelors Degree Preferred
• Associate’s Degree in accounting or business, or equivalent training and experience that encompass basic math skills, knowledge of payroll, taxes and benefits, analytical problem solving and logical thinking required
• Two years office experience required; hands-on payroll experience preferred
• Working knowledge of wage and hour regulations and payroll tax fundamentals preferred
• Electronic time and attendance record-keeping and/or ADP payroll processing experience preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.