Detailed Job Description
Job ID: 2772 - SATSS - FT (Hourly)
Performs a variety of clerical and administrative services related to the overseeing of the operations of the Recreational Sports Center in the following areas: membership, Pro Shop, Reception Control, and equipment issues.
- Coordinating and directing student employees for Membership, Pro Shop, Reception/Equipment, and Fitness Center Coordinator areas. May be asked to perform any/all customer service representative student staff responsibilities. Submits daily shift reports summarizing customer service area activities. Reconciles cash drawers and prints drawer's reports for shift utilizing a point of sale system.
- Performs opening and closing procedures in the customer service areas including locking/unlocking doors, turning on/off lights and equipment, maintaining cash registers and receipt printers, verifying cash on hand, etc.
- Organizes and oversees locker rental program with $21,000 projected annual revenue.
- Responsible for student payroll on a daily, weekly, and bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for equipment inventory including ordering, inventory, daily reconciling of missing equipment with patrons and appropriate charges.
- Assists all customers with various questions/problems in customer service areas. Interprets and assists in enforcement of policies and procedures of the Recreational Sports Center.
- Authorizes and issues membership and pro shop customer refunds under the direction of the Director or Financial Manager.
- Assists with display of needed signage for programs, events, and services.
- Responds to telephone calls and provides appropriate customer service as needed.
- Assists with Membership mailings, promotions, and registration corrections
- Provides clerical support using computer technology including Excel, Word and point of sale software programs.
- Assists in suggesting ways to enhance the operational marketing and promotional efforts to promote retail sales.
- Assist with completing fiscal year-end physical inventory.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, semester, and annual reports as requested by the Director.
- Responsible for working with the all program areas in the development of their registration policies, procedures, and forms in the administration of their registration policies, procedures, and forms.
- Assists the Assistant Director and Intern with the development of staff training programs, specifically in the area of reception/equipment and pro shop staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing, and may require some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with unpleasant physical situations.
Requires six months of coursework or training beyond high school in Business Administration and three years retail experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of retail operations; knowledge of computer and office applications; supervisory skills; knowledge of cash handling procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Department requests Cover Letter, Resume and References
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.