Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/4/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The American Public University System (APUS) Staff Recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting, including: sourcing, screening, testing, and interviewing applicants for clerical, technical, administrative and management positions throughout the organization. This position provides recruiting support for two office locations, as well as remote positions. This position also works collaboratively with all HR staff members as needed.
• Builds and manages relationships with hiring managers, as well as other internal/external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
• Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and develop recruiting plans.
• Assists managers in developing position descriptions, assessments, screening materials and selection criteria.
• Composes job postings for advertisement of vacancies in various newspapers, print publications, web-based job boards, and APUS public website.
• Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates, such as career fairs, online job fairs, and community network events.
• Screens resumes, administers written prescreens, conducts telephone interviews, administers appropriate assessments, makes recommendations for hire, and delivers employment offers.
• Manages the APUS internal transfer process, including: screening, coordination of interviews, and delivery of transfer offers.
• Manages relationships with outside vendors, search firms, employment agencies, and advertising venues to support staffing goals.
• Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, etc.)
• Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations related to employment, including reference and background/credit checks.
• Manages candidate activity in Applicant Tracking System.
• Manages application/resume file retention.
• Assists with conducting New Hire Orientation (NEO), including completion of onboarding paperwork and I-9 documentation, as well as partnering with HR colleagues to facilitate NEO.
• Assists with the immigration process for foreign national employees and the immigration legal team.
• Prepares and submits reports for the Department of Labor and other state agencies as required.
• Assists with company student work program and internship coordination in collaboration with APUS departments.
• Assists with employee events and other human resources activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment with frequent travel (weekly) between both primary locations in Manassas, VA and Charles Town, WV.
• Primary office located in Charles Town with occasional travel to the Manassas office location.
• Ability to self-motivate and work autonomously.
• Superior verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well in a cohesive team environment.
• Strong working knowledge of current federal/state regulations related to employment (i.e. EEOC, ADA, etc.)
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization in a professional and collaborative manner.
• Experience with standard office software and HR information system, preferably UltiPro.
• Experience with immigration processes and documentation preferred.
• Proactive, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment, which demands a high level of energy and commitment.
• Proficiency with MS Office products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
• Professional Human Resources certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) preferred.
• Three plus (3+) years of exempt-level recruiting experience required.
• One plus (1+) years of exempt-level immigration process and documentation experience strongly desired.
• AIRS® Certified Internet Recruiter strongly preferred or a commitment to acquire certification.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.