Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/7/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Brand Engagement Specialist contributes to the marketing department on a larger scale, and has invaluable skills that can set him or her apart from others in a competitive landscape. This incumbent values new ideas, is driven, and curious. This role provides marketing, administrative, and project management support to key staff responsible for strategic initiatives. The brand engagement specialist position is a temporary opportunity, lasting up to, but no longer than, three months.
• Participates and contributes to team brainstorming sessions, and helps implement strategic marketing campaigns and brand initiatives.
• Assists with the execution of community events.
• Manages invitation lists, verifies data, and tracks attendance of community events.
• Prepares name tags, signage, promotional giveaways, and other onsite materials.
• Coordinates shipments and tracking for multiple concurrent events.
• Reports on post-event survey feedback.
• Assists with database management for brand loyalist program and University ambassador program.
• Provides support for the University campus store.
• Promotes new products, holidays, and increases sales/orders.
• Manages inventory and coordinates for merchandise reordering.
• Responds to customer service and order assistance, as needed.
• Coordinates production orders for new promotional items.
• Prepares meeting documents and post-meeting summaries.
• Collects weekly highlights from team and prepares for distribution.
• Develops and maintains student/alumni e-mail lists for events, and owns document management control.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Manassas, VA.
• Strong MS Office and Internet research skills (experience using PowerPoint, as well as creating and editing spreadsheets with formulas and manipulating data within reports to extract pertinent information).
• Excellent computer skills and experience using technology to organize assets.
• Comfort with learning and applying new technologies.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Strong copywriting/editing ability.
• Attention to details.
• Demonstrated initiative.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate with all internal contacts at all levels of the company and externally with students, alumni, vendors, consultants, and other marketing professionals.
• Currently enrolled in school working towards a Bachelor's degree required.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.