Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/26/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for directing the operations of the Student Success Center and for overseeing a broad range of programs in support of student success and degree completion.
• Provides visionary and strategic leadership for Student Success Center (SSC) programs.
• Provides administrative oversight for state and national grants.
• Champions and facilitates collaboration and consensus building around college initiatives and institutional priorities.
• Recruits, hires, trains, assigns, directs, supervises, evaluates and disciplines staff; coordinates professional development opportunities.
• Coordinates and facilitates program assessment strategies to encourage program development and inform resource allocation decisions.
• Incorporates best practices for student access, retention, learning, and success.
• Promotes a caring, consistent response to the academic concerns of students, faculty and staff.
• Monitors SSC and program budgets; supervises the strategic disbursement of funds.
• Participates in a variety of internal and external committees, councils and advisory groups.
• Develops targeted marketing strategies to increase awareness of program services.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of program management and development principles.
• Knowledge of grant administration principles and practices.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Knowledge of community college trends.
• Knowledge of student success principles.
• Knowledge of adult learning best practices.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Associate Vice President for Learning assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include New Mexico Higher Education Department guidelines, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act requirements, grant requirements, and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application. This position develops departmental guidelines.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in directing the operations and programs of the Student Success Center. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to direct the college’s student success and engagement programs. Success in this position contributes to the success and engagement of students.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, federal and state officials, granting agents, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while standing or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position has direct supervision over Adult Basic Education Director (1), Director of Fast Forward, (1), Director of Retention (1), Tutoring Coordinator (3), Educational Skills Specialist (1), and Senior Administrative Assistant (1).
All offers of employment are subject a criminal background check.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.