Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/25/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Director of Online Services is responsible for supporting end users and maintenance of our Learning Management System (LMS) and other systems used by the department. This includes creating course components, creating/modifying course configurations, running reports, etc., as well as developing LMS administration guidelines and procedures. Strong attention to detail, problem solving and exceptional customer service are essential to this position. Occasional support for other department activities will be required.
• Maintain the configuration of the LMS
• Review upload and test self-placed content.
• Work with faculty to build new and maintain existing courses.
• Audit existing courses for broken links and content functionality
• Update and setup courses prior to class start.
• Manage roles, access, securities and permissions associated with LMS access.
• Manage LMS design standards
• Troubleshoot LMS issues.
• Pilot new educational technologies designed to improve students’ learning experiences.
• Project management of subsequent LMS implementations.
• Evaluate and process new configuration requests to the system.
• Facilitate recurring testing for ongoing system upgrades; communicates systems configuration changes.
• Assist faculty in developing and aligning instructional platforms for the delivery of online and blended courses that are compatible with the LMS.
• Provide technical advice and support to faculty regarding LMS rules, procedures and requirements.
• Deliver faculty development sessions that focus on use of the LMS and other forms of educational technologies.
• Serve as lead when interacting with LMS vendor, technical staff, users and training team.
• Support approved department –based coordinators with access to the LMS.
• Work with department management to evaluate training needs and instructor-led and learning methodologies, including training guides, PowerPoint presentations, agendas and class outlines.
• Participate on various Committees.
The employee uses judgement in interpreting and adapting guidelines such as policies, regulations, precedents and work directions for application to specific cases or problems. The employee analyzes results and recommends changes where applicable.
The work includes various duties involving different and unrelated processes and methods where the course of action to be taken must be identified and analyzed to discern outcomes.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
The employee will have at least one direct report.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.