Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/1/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The assistant/graduate assistant provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II women’s tennis program including; student-athlete recruitment, match preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and match coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
• Assist in all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the women’s intercollegiate tennis program to include:
o Implementing and coordinating the recruitment process
o Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes
o Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning
o Providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the women’s tennis program
o Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
• Assist with the administrative functions with the women’s intercollegiate tennis program:
o Coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits
o Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes
• Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
o Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions
o Serving in public relations capacities as needed
o Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities
o Promote the University’s core values to student’s, co-workers and university community
o Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed
o Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned
2. There would be work with the men’s program in described areas from time to time
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Knowledge of coaching tennis techniques
• Ability to motivate student-athletes
• Leadership skills
• Ability to effectively work with collegiate student-athletes
• Demonstrated ability to use computer programs
• Ability to recruit student athletes
• Valid Driver’s License
• Well developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents
• Collegiate tennis background
• A commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Must be enrolled or accepted into the graduate program.
Collegiate tennis background
Commitment to ensure compliance with all NCAA and University rules and regulations
Proven ability to provide mentoring and leadership to student athletes
Previous coaching experience
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.