Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/17/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Senior Front-End Web Developer has experience in responsive web development. This role architects and builds world class web/mobile user interfaces as well as design, prototype and implement new features. The incumbent has the ability to work on cutting edge technologies, with a mix of the latest Microsoft.Net Framework, Java and ColdFusion technologies.
• Designs, develops, and implements effective, intuitive user interfaces for web applications and web properties.
• Provides technical solutions and innovative ideas to the business and internal clients.
• Understands browser specific compatibility issues as well as the benefits of the various design methodologies .
• Researches and stays current on industry trends relating to web accessibility, usability and emerging technologies to drive and evangelize best practices.
• Mentors and develops less experience members of the web team.
• Responds rapidly to continuous changes and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge in web presentation technologies.
• Translates design requirements and specifications into robust high quality code implementations.
• Performs code unit tests and demonstrate the ability to properly validate functionality of work produced.
• Writes and maintains computer code, programs, and specifications documentation.
• Communicates the status of projects in a timely manner in a clear and concise way.
• Works independently with limited supervision as well as within a team environment.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Excellent command of the jQuery library as well as other JS libraries.
• Demonstrated development with web content management systems.
• Working knowledge with SQL Server 2008.
• Skilled in responsive Web Development.
• Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to follow web accessibility (Section 508 and WAI) standards.
• Knowledge of common UX/UI design patterns, best practices, and standard conventions.
• Proficiency in source code management practices.
• Expertise with debugging code, triaging issues and providing customer experience enhancing solutions.
• Understanding of managing scalable, cross browser, cross device code.
• Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, designing user interfaces and defining information architecture and navigation for complex web applications and websites.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relative field.
• Experience with enterprise-level Content Management Systems as well as open source CMSs required.
• Experience with web development platforms (ColdFusion, ASP.Net or Java), Windows and Linux server environments, AJAX Frameworks (Dojo, YUI, ExtJS, Spry, Backbone), Responsive Frameworks (Bootstrap), and Mobile Web Development (HTML5, JQuery Mobile) required.
• Experience capturing and analyzing web metrics preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.