Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/13/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Dean of Students
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 6/13/2016 at 11:55 PM
Campus Location: Clovis Community College
Start Date: 07/06/2016
Under the direction of the Clovis Community College Vice President of Instruction and Student Services, areas of responsibility are primarily Counseling, Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, Health Services, Student Support Services Grant Programs, EOPS , CalWORKs, Student Activities, student conduct, and working closely with the Director of Student Success regarding the Student Support Services Program (SSSP ) and Student Equity plans. The Dean will coordinate these services:
• Foster an atmosphere of mutual respect and openness that will promote collaboration among students, faculty, and staff;
• encourage and facilitate professional development within the division;
• assume a leadership role in campus and districtwide initiatives;
• organize and chair meetings, facilitate group discussions, and involve faculty and staff in collaborative decision making;
• work closely with counseling department chair and coordinators in order to effectively manage and supervise departments, promoting standards of excellence;
• work closely with the Office of Institutional Research in order to assess and evaluate counseling services and courses, as well as other programs and services;
• in collaboration with the college Program Review Coordinator, develop and monitor program reviews for departments/programs including student learning and program outcomes, assessments, and evaluation of data for the purpose of program improvement;
• in collaboration with the college Student Learning Outcomes Coordinator, develop and assess outcomes for departments and programs for the purpose of program improvement;
• provide leadership in working with staff, faculty and administrators to support innovative student services programs, such as dual enrollment and K-12 activities;
• develop, monitor, and manage department and program budgets;
• review staffing needs for academic and classified personnel and make recommendations to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services for hiring;
• conduct performance evaluations for academic and classified staff;
• administer Board approved policies and regulations;
• administer Board approved student conduct policies and regulations and lead the College Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT );
• advocate for the college and district within the community, and state;
• provide leadership and support with accreditation and strategic planning; and
• perform other duties as requested and assigned.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment; OR possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential; AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• Earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university in counseling or related student services area;
• two years of extensive administrative and leadership experience as a dean, program director, department chair, or coordinator within or associated with student services;
• counseling and/or advising experience preferred;
• ability to acquire and administer external funding for support of programs in the division;
• evidence of effective management, supervision, and evaluation of the work of others;
• demonstrated experience in managing financial resources effectively;
• demonstrated ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds, including faculty, students, classified professionals, and administrators;
• demonstrated commitment to participatory governance, consensus building, and team approach to management;
• ability to use organizational skills that enhance the performance of duties in a timely fashion with attention to detail;
• ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing; and
• demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and administrators;
• demonstrated competency with electronic information systems that support student services;
• ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Conditions of Employment:
224 duty days and 24 vacation days for a total of 246 days per year.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $111,355 – $138,930 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,021 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
Applications will be screened to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications as stated in the job announcement.
From the applicants who submit all the required documents and who meet the qualifications, a selection advisory committee will determine the candidates who are best qualified based on the minimum and desirable qualifications. They will be invited to interview.
The selection advisory committee will rate responses to the interview questions. Based on this rating, a small number of applicants will be selected as the “recommended candidates”. These candidates will be forwarded to the President and Chancellor for final interviews. A hiring recommendation will be made by the Chancellor and forwarded to the Board of Trustees of State Center Community College District for final approval.
State Center Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. It is our pledge to treat all applicants fairly and equitably in the recruitment and selection process. We endeavor to be a service minded organization and respond, as best we can, to the needs of our applicants and the faculty and administrators we work with in the District.
For more information, contact the Human Resources Office, 1525 E. Weldon Avenue, Fresno, California, 93704, (559) 244-5900, fax (559) 499-6007. For information on Clovis Community College or State Center Community College District, visit our website at www.scccd.edu. Please refer to Position No. 5525.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant’s responsibility and must be submitted through the district’s online applicant portal. The District reserves the right to re-advertise or to delay indefinitely the filling of a position if it is deemed that the applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool or if funding is not available. All application materials are subject to verification. False statements may be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/806750
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.