Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/20/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing tutoring services to students in the Math Tutoring Center
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing tutoring services to student in assigned academic disciplines.
• Recruits student tutors; posts job opening announcements; reviews applications and hires tutors; trains and assigns tutors; develops tutor schedules and reviews timesheets for accuracy.
• Supervises and oversees the work of tutors; monitors tutoring sessions and reviews related documentation; evaluates tutor performance.
• Tutors students; provides assistance and develops strategies for student learning.
• Maintains daily records of tutor visits.
• Promotes tutoring services through class visits, flyers, and other marketing promotions.
• Develops and maintains protocols for data collection, management and reporting.
• Participates in faculty meetings to discuss student needs and tutoring services.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of assigned academic fields.
• Knowledge of student success principles.
• Knowledge of adult learning best practices.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Senior Director assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the Tutor Handbook, the Student Handbook, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act requirements, and college and program policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties related to the coordination and provision of tutoring services to students. High demand for services contributes to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to coordinate and participate in the provision of tutoring services. Success in this position contributes to the academic success of students.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects and distinguishes between shades of color.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position supervises assigned work study tutors.
Three letters of recommendation will be required if selected as candidate for interview and must be provided BEFORE the scheduled date of interview.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.