Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/6/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Financial Aid Advisor provides financial aid support and counseling services to students attending American Public University System (APUS). This position oversees the daily processing flow and communicates updates to assigned students working through the financial aid office. The financial aid advisor builds and fosters strong relationships with students to support their educational goals.
*This position requires engagement in student recruitment, admissions and/or financial aid activities, and therefore, is ineligible to receive certain types of incentive compensation.
· Advises students and parents on various forms of financial aid including federal financial aid (Title IV), veteran’s benefits, alternative loans, scholarships, employer vouchers, military tuition assistance and other payment options.
· Monitors and assists assigned students with financial aid application progression through student tracking via a client management system.
· Reviews Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSAs), conducts analysis, follows up on missing or inconsistent data, and ensures students’ award packages are completed timely throughout processing cycle.
· Performs functions to support the financial aid advisor role, grants course access, creates academic years, and updates documents and financial statuses.
· Proactively communicates updates to students from initial registration process through disbursement of aid through email, telephone, and scheduled appointment times.
· Researches and resolves all student issues with the support of the financial aid support team.
· Identifies and escalates reoccurring student issues to senior financial aid advisors and managers.
· Collaborates with other advisors and departments to ensure daily goals, tasks and contacts are met within established service level agreements (SLAs).
· Interacts with third party affiliates to include, but not limited to, Department of Education, loan servicers, and third party financial aid partners.
· Stays abreast of APUS policies procedures and financial aid rules and regulations.
· Meets all quality and productivity metrics set forth.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
· Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
·Proficient with Microsoft Office products, to include Excel, Access, and Word.
·Positive work ethic and attitude.
·Excellent human relations and communications skills and ability to handle difficult situations.
·Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
·Flexibility with hours to ensure scheduled appointments are maintained.
·Knowledge of federal and University assistance programs and payment options.
·Bachelor’s degree preferred.
·Minimum two (2) years of experience in financial aid, customer service, or call center environment required.
·Experience working in an office environment required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.