Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/3/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
University of Notre Dame
Senior Director, Corporate Relations
The University of Notre Dame (http://ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Senior Director, Corporate Relations.
Applications will be accepted until .
The Senior Director of Corporate Relations will serve as the leader of the Corporate Relations team and is charged with leading the planning, organization and implementation of a best in class program with the goal of significantly increasing corporate partnerships and overall financial support for the University's faculty-led research. The Senior Director will provide leadership in working with the Corporate Team to effectively engage with faculty, Deans and the Office of Research to understand, synthesize and present strategic research in the most compelling manner to grow our corporate partnerships. The Senior Director is also responsible for directing the Corporate Team to ensure that we are proactively identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding new and existing corporate partnerships . This person will manage a portfolio of key corporate relationships, as well as the portfolio distribution across the entire team. This person must also work closely with leaders in the development department, especially those who also engage regularly with our academic leadership and faculty (e.g. Associate Vice President, the Senior Director of Foundation Relations, the Senior Director of Academic Advancement and the foundation/academic advancement teams), to fully integrate our academic advancement strategy and to maximize our fundraising success. In addition, the Senior Director will collaborate with the University's other internal corporate stakeholders, including the Career Center, Athletics, Procurement, etc.Duties & Responsibilities:Lead the Corporate Relations Team to grow corporate partnerships and to maximize support:
- Create a high performing corporate relations team with aggressive annual fundraising/grant goals.
- Work closely with the Corporate Relations Team in developing annual fundraising and partnership growth plans. The resulting annual fundraising plans should clearly articulate research priority areas and strategies/tactics, including specific activities (e.g. in-person ND executive leadership engagement, aggressive scheudule for drafting letters of inquiry and full proposals, campus visits, corporate visits with faculty, etc.) that will take place with corporations and key faculty during the fiscal year.
- The Director will have to partner with academic leaders and make tough decisions about what corporate relationships to pursue and grow while also assigning the best relationship manager from the Corporate Team.Provide oversight, mentorship, collaboration and direction for faculty engagement:
- Create a collaborative environment, especially with the academic advancement team members, to enhance our strategic interactions with faculty, academic leaders and the Office of Research.
- Coach the corporate relations team regarding where and how to collaborate with faculty to identify, further develop, package and prioritize research ideas for corporate support, including the potential for co-innovation.
- Provide access to Deans, Associate Deans, VP for Research (and other academic leaders where appropriate) to enhance and prioritize research priorities best suited for corporate support/partnerships.
- Work closely with Senior Directors of Foundation Relations and Academic Advancement to ensure an integrated approach around academic priorities.Manage a portfolio of targeted corporate relationships:
- Serve as lead development officer on a select portfolio of key corporate prospects managing all phases of the development process, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Extensive research and analysis of potential alignments.
- Keeping abreast of institutional news and market trends.
- Attending industry functions. - Proactively identifying faculty projects & institutional initiatives that align well with corporate interests.
- Involving executive leadership in the overall strategy.
- Collaborating with academic advancement, career center, athletics, procurement and other colleagues to enhance corporate partnerships. - Maintain and enhance the University's Corporate Scorecard that evaluates each company's interactions with the University.Provide mentorship and administrative oversight as the leader of Corporate Relations:
- Invest in the professional development of the corporate relations team, including an administrative assistant and analyst.
- Foster a collaborative environment that promotes teamwork within the corporate relations team and across the broader academic advancement and development team.
- Engage with important research collaborators across campus, including the Deans, Vice President for Research, the Office of Research, the Provost Office, Research & Sponsored Programs Accounting, the heads of the Strategic Research Initiatives, etc.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 7 or more years’ experience.
- Experience in creating a vision and plan for leading teams to greater success, especially corporate sales teams or similar.
- Ability to develop people, influence stakeholders, manage change and create a collaborative yet results-oriented culture.
- Experience, knowledge, and record of success in executing a corporate partnering strategy to achieve strategic goals.
- Track record of working with corporations, including senior executives and research leaders, and universities to deliver on multifaceted corporate partnerships (e.g. philanthropic gifts, research grants, co-innovation opportunities, hiring our undergraduate/graduate student, utilizing our curricular programs).
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal, written and presentation) required.
- Experience collaborating and influencing in a top-tier research university, especially with faculty and academic leaders.
- Must be focused on a highly collaborative approach.
- Expectations include results orientation, pride in accountability, self-initiative, ability to prioritize in a multi-tasking environment, high emotional intelligence, capable of handling ambiguity, creative and able to think well on your feet.
- Must be willing to travel to engage with existing and potential new corporate partners.
- The nature of this partnership work will require frequent engagements on weekends and evenings.
- Masters and/or Doctoral degree highly preferred.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # http://apptrkr.com/806271. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.