Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/3/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Associate Director of Development Services (Data Management) is primarily responsible for database management, including data field definition administration that optimizes data tracking, maintenance, and reporting. Manages all data transfer between the alumni/donor database, Call Center database, and Banner.
Designs, creates and manages advanced queries and reports for all Development and Alumni personnel, college-based fundraising personnel, the Office of the President, and the UVU Foundation. Manages for all campus units alumni, prospect and donor biographical and employment information and mailing lists, as well as composition of advisory boards. Supervises members of the data management team.
As a senior member of the Development Services team, actively contributes to the planning, strategic direction, personnel development, and leadership of the unit, represent the Director as required, and undertake a portfolio of special and advanced projects as assigned by the Director.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilites:
- Import, export, manipulate and convert data using database and programming tools, i.e. Import-O-Matic, Blackbaud import, SQL, Visual Basic or C+; document procedures.
- Write, implement, and oversee the daily data flow transfer between the Raiser's Edge and other departmental (e.g. Campus Call, iModules etc.) and University (e.g. Banner) systems.
Report Generation & Research
- Write complex queries and reports for the University President, Vice Presidents, and other requesting parties.
- Scan for new, useful technologies; search for new software available for data cleansing and input.
- Design and produce easily accessed reports for campus development using standard reporting tools such as SQL, Crystal, Visual Basic, or University standard reporting tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Run SQL reports on the University's ERP system (currently Banner) to pull Alumni data for import into the Blackbaud database.
- Research data on prospects, donors and/or Alumni using web based computer systems, i.e. LexisNexis, AlumniFinder.
- Manage data fields and definitions in database for best practice in data storage and reporting; document and maintain data dictionary for departmental systems.
- Coordinate support with the University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) to manage the Ruffolo Cody Campus Call, Blackbaud Raiser's Edge and Blackbaud Remote Terminal database and server, ensuring that appropriate software updates and maintenance occur in a timely manner.
- Supervise layout and configuration of the Blackbaud database.
Special Projects, Systems Maintenance & Training
- Assist Director of Development with special projects, meetings and management duties as assigned.
- Attend meetings when needed to discuss changes and additions to departmental systems (e.g. Ruffolo Cody Campus Call, iModules or Blackbaud servers).
- Coordinate end user support provided by the Office of Information Technology; when needed by OIT, assist in solving any system access or computer problems that arise in the department.
- Train department and college employees using Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, Remote Terminal, Access, or other software for queries and exports.
- Supervises data personnel including Gift Processor/Data Technician.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.