Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/2/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Associate Director, Portfolio Management
Enterprise Information System
The Associate Director is a new position within the Office of Information Technology's Enterprise Information Systems team created to work strategically and tactically to manage the portfolio of software and services of the Enterprise Information Systems team. The Associate Director provides cross-functional leadership - bridging gaps within the different functions, most notably between data and application developers, other offices on campus, and support – to ensure successful delivery and constant improvement of software and services. Duties include building and maintaining client relationships, providing leadership to high-level efforts, developing and executing strategy for our products and services, overseeing project management for cross-functional initiatives, and management of vendor relationships including monitoring the strategy and roadmaps they offer. Many of these duties will be conducted collaboratively as a member of the Enterprise Information Systems management team.
The Associate Director reports to the Associate Vice President for Digital Effectiveness and supervises a team of product owners, business analysts and user experience staff. The team focuses on effective use of the products and services we offer in our rapidly changing environment.
The right candidate for the position has:
• Well-developed leadership and communication skills enabling the candidate to represent EIS across the university in informal and formal meetings
• Demonstrated experience in managing cross-functional and cross-departmental teams including managing projects with 3rd-party vendor participation/leadership
• The ability to develop and constantly improve processes for project, product, and service management
• A strong understanding of standard project management methodologies, software development life cycle, and the software life cycle, the product life cycle
• The ability to mentor and develop subordinates
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple products simultaneously
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, business analysis and change management
• Demonstrated experience in researching/understanding new features and technology trends and planning/executing the implementation of them
• The ability to manage a service catalog of offerings for the EIS team
• The ability to perform business, technical, or operations analyses using standard procedures but allowing for creative, innovative solutions for the ERP and web properties at the university
• Demonstrated experience understanding, delivering, and continually improving the user experience and/or effectiveness of our software and services
• Ability to articulate a clear vision for the EIS portfolio, communicate with customers, and work to prioritize and define features that will achieve the most business value for St. Edward's University
• Multiple years of experience managing a portfolio of products or projects in the enterprise information systems arena such as large software implementations, business process redesigns, or product retirements.
• Experience with ERP applications in higher education, including knowledge of add-on software such as document management systems or workflow engines, strongly preferred. An understanding of higher education business practices preferred.
• Experience managing a team.
• Strong familiarity with a broad range of information technology concepts—especially those concepts associated with enterprise information technology infrastructure, identity management, sophisticated websites, database design and integrity, software development and business intelligence.
• Ability to prioritize multiple requests coming from departments across campus to enhance existing systems or build new ones in a way that considers multiple competing factors, university strategy, and product roadmaps.
• Demonstrated ability to create and communicate importance of product roadmaps.
• Self-motivation and self-direction; ability to work independently; ability to work effectively in a team environment; willingness to take direction; ability to participate in group planning processes; ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments, initiatives and priorities; ability to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies, tools, techniques and methodologies. • Open to change.
• Strong communications skills. Candidates must be able to communicate effectively with colleagues with different areas and levels of technical expertise.
• Strong organizational skills, proven ability to manage time and priorities, ability to complete complex projects and tasks with attention to detail.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check is required.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is the premier private institution of higher learning in Austin. Enrolling approximately 4,800 students, the university offers more than 90 academic programs. In addition to the many programs designed for traditional undergraduates, the university offers more than 15 undergraduate degree programs designed for working adults and 11 master degree programs. Over the last two decades the university has doubled its enrollment and invested more than $147 million in new campus facilities. US News & World Report has ranked St. Edward's among the top regional universities in the West for nine consecutive years, and peers identified St. Edward's as one of a handful of "up-and-coming universities" in both 2010 and 2011. The university's newly adopted strategic plan, Academic Distinctiveness and Global Preparedness, reflects the university's commitment to prepare students for success in a 21st century world increasingly shaped by globalization and ubiquitous technology. Consistent with its Holy Cross heritage the university maintains a strong focus on issues of social justice.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, application and resume online at http://apptrkr.com/804917
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer, and hires only U.S. citizens and documented workers.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.