Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/25/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2695 - Unclassified - FT, Temp (Salaried)
This position will assist with the development and implementation of both training and recruitment and retention plans for student employees within Dining Services.
Required to perform duties with limited supervision
1) Training of Student Managers/Students
2) Leadership development of student managers
3) Assist with organization of all student recognition (in cooperation with the Administrative Director of Human Resources, HDRBS)
4) Assist with student management leadership week (in coordination with the Staff Development Specialist)
5) Prepare all necessary paperwork, reports, training certifications to be turned into Director
6) Integral partner in recruitment and retention procedures
7) Perform yearly surveys/focus groups for recruitment/retention
8) Update blog and/or newsletter for student workers
9) Conduit to career placement
10) Reporting/tracking of all injury/accidents in Dining Services
11) Coordinate with campus safety to access implemented safety procedures
12) Ensure safety procedures are being followed by student managers/students
13) Make recommendations for sanitation and safety
14) Work with individual dining services managers
15) Attend Dining Mgr. Meetings
16) Collaborate with Marketing/Promotions
17) Ensure Intern timesheets are completed weekly and sent to Director
18) Event coverage
1) Bachelor’s degree
2) Computer Skills
3) Knowledge of Microsoft office, Google and classroom software such as Canvas
4) Strong communication and organizational skills
5) Flexibility of schedule
6) Ability to deliver presentations to large groups
7) Prior work experience
1) Previous experience teaching/training
2) Previous leadership and/or management experience
3) Desire to acquire additional certifications
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.