Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/27/2016.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Synopsis of Role:
The Education Coordinator, West Texas, establishes and maintains relationships with key influencers to include: military education center staff; community college transfer and veteran center staff; and current and prospective students within the assigned area of responsibility (AOR). This role provides the on-site liaison between American Public University System (APUS) and the field location to all members of the local community as appropriate. The incumbent presents briefings to individuals and groups (when permissible); counsels and assists current and prospective students; represents APUS at local events and ceremonies; and provides information about APUS programs to key military and civilian personnel. This position is part-time, up to 20 hours per week.
• Serves as the “face of APUS” in West Texas to include, but not limited to Fort Bliss, TX, USAF Fort Bliss, TX, White Sands Missile Range, NM, and area community colleges.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with active duty; guard and reserve education center personnel; community college transfer office; veteran’s centers; and other key personnel.
• Ensures marketing materials displayed in all assigned areas are kept replenished and current.
• Provides face-to-face, phone, and e-mail assistance to current students and prospective students.
• Attends ceremonies and other events on behalf of APUS, and may present scholarships or participate in other forms of student recognition.
• Assists the director/manager, in the development and execution of strategies, plans, and objectives, and keeps him/her informed of potential marketing opportunities in assigned area.
• Prepares briefings and presents information to individuals and groups of varying sizes.
• Develops innovative ways to relay information about APUS to target audiences.
• Provides input to advertising and marketing activities specific to AOR.
• Periodically assists other education coordinators with events that are located outside of AOR.
• Provides monthly environmental scan of AOR to include military installations, community colleges, and activity of key competitors.
• Provides monthly spreadsheets on student and prospect visitation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Work is performed in a variety of locations, including but not limited to, home office, military installations, and community college locations within AOR.
• Frequent travel required within geographic AOR; occasional travel required to Manassas, Virginia or Charles Town, West Virginia.
• In-depth understanding of the student services functions, to include: advising, enrollment management, career services, etc.
• In-depth understanding of military voluntary education, community college systems, and veteran programs.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with internal and external contacts, including: fellow APUS employees up to the vice president level; APUS students; senior government personnel (military and civilian); unit leaders; base education officials; and prospective students.
• Ability to organize resources in the most effective way to accomplish competing missions.
• Ability to establish priorities among multiple tasks.
• Ability to operate independently to accomplish the assigned mission.
• Ability to translate general mission guidance into specific actions.
• Ability to make logical decisions that support the intended objective, considering the best interests of APUS.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
• Previous experience with customer interaction and communication required.
• Military service or military affiliated experience preferred.
• Knowledge of community college systems preferred.
• Knowledge of military voluntary education preferred.
• Basic computer experience required; experience with Microsoft Office products preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.