Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/29/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of Arizona
Information Technology Manager – Job # 52133
University Information Technology Services
The University of Arizona is accepting applications for the position of Information Technology Manager within Classroom Technology Services. This position manages, plans, organizes, prioritizes, assigns and reviews the work of assigned information technology employees in the Classroom Technology Services (CTS) department within the University Information Technology Services division. The IT Manager for CTS will work closely with campus faculty, Room and Course Scheduling, the Office of Instructional Assessment and other University divisions to ensure a coordinated, timely and reliable delivery of IT services to University classrooms.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for employee and qualified family members; access to campus cultural and recreational activities; retirement, and more!
• Leading the Classroom Technology Services team to provide technology support for the University of Arizona's over 250 centrally scheduled classrooms, including installation, repairs and upgrades of computers, audio, video and video collaboration equipment.
• Consulting with clients to determine campus technology needs; advising campus clients regarding various aspects of design, development and use of media, media presentations, audio and video conferencing, telepresence and mobile collaboration initiatives and projects.
• Defining, developing and directing unit missions, scope, operational priorities, standards, policies and implementation plans including milestones and performance metrics; implementing and recommending actions to improve work flow, simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards.
• Training staff and ensuring application of current performance, policy and processing standards.
• Negotiating working agreements, representing sections interests and coordinating operations with other organizational entities, vendors and clients.
• Making decisions regarding hiring, training, evaluation and motivation of Classroom Technology Services employees.
• Maintaining work, time and cost records. Writing status reports, including conclusions and operational recommendations.
• Maintaining a current working knowledge of emerging classroom technologies and works as part of a team to advise and make recommendations to campus regarding new technologies available.
• Maintaining proficiency in videoconferencing and collaborative technology for current and future applications.
• Evaluating emerging technologies and identifies hardware, software, and other resources necessary to accomplish unit tasks within budgetary constraints. Recommending the purchase of hardware and software.
• Collaborating with UITS Engineering and other campus departments to provide design/engineering/project leadership on new/upgraded video conferencing, telepresence, and mobile collaboration projects.
• Consulting with departments on campus and acts as a technical subject matter expert and technical liaison for audio and video conferencing infrastructure and collaboration initiatives.
• Providing outreach, support and technical expertise throughout all levels of University staff, including faculty, students, peers, and all levels of management. This includes project management, committee work and demonstrations.
• Conducting analysis and providing input into information technology strategic planning.
• Participating in budget development.
• Planning, organizing, and serving as project manager on large/complex information technology projects.
For complete details and to apply, please click on this link:
PLEASE NOTE: In order to receive proper consideration, applications must be submitted directly via the UA Career Track site. Applications submitted via any other source (including this site) will not be considered.
The University of Arizona is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Apply Here : http://www.Click2Apply.net/wd86brq
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.