Detailed Job Description
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for managing and, in some cases, creating content for the Boston Conservatory at Berklee’s digital platforms, which include website, social media channels, digital signage, and email marketing. A key member of the Boston Conservatory at Berklee Marketing and Communications team, this role interfaces with constituents across the campus to develop coherent content strategies and oversee publishing schedules that enhance the school’s reputation and desirability to prospective students, and increase the school’s general visibility in the digital sphere. This role also manages external vendors, as necessary, and is responsible for regularly producing analytical reports on website traffic and usages, social media, and external email campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as acting web manager for the official Boston Conservatory website, populating page templates and building out menus and taxonomies within the content management system (Drupal), with support of the Boston Conservatory at Berklee Marketing and Communications team and the Berklee web development team.
- Collaborates with individuals across the campus to ensure that website, digital signage, and social media platforms are up to date, and takes a lead role in the planning and execution of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Develops goals and metrics to measure, analyze, and optimize effectiveness of digital platforms and marketing strategies, including monitoring website analytics.
- Manages timely and consistent communication of project priorities, status, timelines, and deliverables to the internal teams, system vendors and internal customers.
- Participates in Boston Conservatory at Berklee Marketing and Communications team-wide implementation planning, with a primary responsibility of developing and managing strategies for online marketing and communications.
- Assists with the implementation of social media strategy across the Boston Conservatory at Berklee departments that use these tools both internally and externally to ensure brand cohesion.
- Curates and, as necessary, oversees the creation of content for Boston Conservatory at Berklee digital platforms.
- Stays up-to-date with current technology and marketing and communications trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills, including assessment and problem-solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with students, faculty, and administrative staff.
- Exercises good judgment in all decisions.
- Effective prioritization of multiple projects.
- Ability to work under high-stress situations and meet deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding all matters under consideration.
- Positive attitude within the office and with staff interaction throughout the college.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop & maintain effective working relationships with individuals & organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives & experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- Three-five years of experience in an online marketing or communications role with a strong background in social media.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web-based social networking and best practices
- Solid understanding of web content UX and online marketing best practices.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.