Detailed Job Description
Evergreen Valley College
Math, Science, and Engineering
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in overseeing all courses offered in this degree by, conducting periodical updates of course outlines, implementing strategies to improve SLO scoring data, and assisting adjunct faculties, and ensuring labs are staffed and adequately equipped.
2. Maintain a vigorous and progressive lower division Surveying and Geomatics core program and assist with the CADD/BIM (Computer Aided Drafting and Design/Building Information Modeling) Program. Actively communicate and coordinate surveying transfer courses with the various segments of Surveying and Geomatics education in the state and stay current with the latest advances in technology.
3. Develop and maintain a close working relationship with local feeder high schools, trade schools, and the local chapter of California Land Surveying Association to promote and foster the program.
4. Act as liaison with other campus disciplines such as Business, Electronics, the nurturing of a Computer Integrated Enterprise instructional model. Instructor is expected to develop and teach courses within Surveying & Geomatics, and assist with growing the CADD and BIM Program.
5. Utilize the district's computerized course prerequisite system.
6. Maintain currency and depth of knowledge in assigned area of responsibility and use methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
7. Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly, effectively and keep required office hours.
8. Adapt methodologies for students with special needs and different learning styles.
9. Teach students effectively and submit and maintain appropriate office hours.
10. Use appropriate preparation and organizational skills in area of assignment.
11. Demonstrate commitment to professional development including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
12. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development, laboratory equipment purchase and setup, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
13. Meet all professional responsibilities.
14. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientation and disabilities.
15. Work cooperatively within the college community with students, staff, faculty and administrators.
16. Foster a professional working environment.
17. Use effective and positive communication skills with staff and students.
18. Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity, a respect for differences and the dignity of others.
19. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
20. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings, within the work week, but not in conflict with the member's primary assignment.
21. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g., grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience
Any Associate's Degree AND six years of professional experience
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Knowledge of subject areas to be taught; multiple teaching methods which include critical thinking and problem-solving strategies; college academic requirements and standards, and academic record-keeping practices.
2. Recent experience as instructor of Surveying, CADD and BIM in an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Industry surveying experience utilizing latest technology in the field.
4. Knowledge of both AutoCAD (AutoCAD Architecture or MEP preferred) and Revit Architecture (also knowing Revit Structure and MEP is a plus).
5. Demonstrated working knowledge/experience in using hardware and software in 3D laser Scanning/GPS/GIS/Total Station and some knowledge of /CADD/BIM.
6. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
$64,313 to $82,493 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2014-2015); Maximum Salary Potential $111,916. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse faculty consisting of 14% Hispanic/Latino, 22 % Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 1% American Indian/Native American, 52% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.