Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Director and Associate Director, supervise and lead the Counseling Team coordinating all processes and overseeing counseling operations.
Coordinate outreach activities for the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office with Campus Departments, High Schools, off-campus agencies, and special programs.
Oversee processing of financial aid and private loans for Distance Education and Aviation students.
Provide counseling to students and parents concerning financial aid matters. Facilitate early awareness, guidance, spending, budgeting and debt management to ensure successful completion of educational goals.
Exempt students with unusual or special circumstances from requirements of Federal and State laws/regulations or Institutional policy.
Process financial aid appeals for status change, satisfactory academic progress, special circumstances and loan/debt aversion.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in Business Management, Behavioral Science or related study and three years experience related to the summary of duties or the equivalent in Education and Experience totaling 7 years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong supervisory skills;
Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to financial aid including need analysis, eligibility assessment, packaging strategies, satisfactory academic progress and R2T4;
Knowledge and ability in advising skills and techniques;
Knowledge of automated financial aid management systems, Banner preferred;
Ability to communicate orally and in writing;
Inter-personal, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
Ability to work independently and to organize a heavy workload;
Skill in making presentations and training others;
Ability to operate office equipment; and
Skill in computers and computer applications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com